Fun with powdercoating

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fun with powdercoating

Post by mr surveyor »

When I first starter reloading, as an old guy already, in 2011 I bought a lot of various caliber bullets from "Mr. Donnie" over a couple of years. Bought for .38 spl, .357 mag, .44 mag, 9mm and .45 auto. I think I still have a few hundred total of the various calibers stuck back in boxes. It took me a few short years to figure out that his bullets were almost always undersized for any/all of my guns, and accuracy just wasn't there. After tracking down much better fitting cast boolits (and adding another tumble lube of Lee LLA/mineral spirits mix) life became much better. I've considered the powder coating thing, but have no issues now with proper bullet fit and lube.

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

Topic author
AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 7

Post by AndyC1911 »

1wise1 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:00 am These in the picture are not coated very well, lead is still showing everywhere.. they will still smoke ... a lot.
What are you talking about? They're perfectly and completely coated :headscratch

Topic author
AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 7

Post by AndyC1911 »

Almost 600x 115gr 9mm bullets done and coated using Eastwood's "Silver Vein"; all were sized after this pic

I like Silver Vein - I don't have to spend time standing each bullet neatly up in the tray, just toss 'em in and bake 'em; they break apart cleanly afterwards.

Return to “Reloading Forum”