Pricing Help for 223 Brass

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
AlaskanInTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Pricing Help for 223 Brass

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

So I have come into an enormous quantity of once fired 223 brass. It’s not crimped. My teenage son is very entrepreneurial and wanting to make money. I suggested that he could “buy” it from me and then deprime and wet tumble with pins. He might even sort by head stamp. Then sell locally.

I’ve looked around and what folks are selling for online but I never can tell if those are pipe dreams or market. Any thoughts on price per case for deprimed and cleaned? Premium for sorted? It would all be local F2F sales.

I know it makes little sense for you and I, but his labor is not worth much and this seems like a lower risk venture to give him some life experience.

Beiruty

Re: Pricing Help for 223 Brass

Post by Beiruty »

This is a real market value, to be a competitive, he has to use a progressive press and case autofeeder.
I think, if he deprime and do a full size for the brass and SS wet wash, he can charge as much or beat the price by 1-2 cents
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/ ... -250-count
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Grayling813

Re: Pricing Help for 223 Brass

Post by Grayling813 »

Quality Once-Fired .223/5.56 Brass
https://www.diamondkbrass.com/.223-5.56.html
If you’re a shooting enthusiast looking to reload your own .223 brass ammunition before hitting the range, Diamond K Brass offers the best once-fired .223 and 5.56 purchase of brass you can find on the web.

Return to “Reloading Forum”