Bought a new loading bench yesterday...

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Bought a new loading bench yesterday...

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Clutch wrote:Wondering how the new bench is doing? I am planning on picking one up next week and would like to know how it is working out for you. Thanks
So far it is working great — exactly what I needed and wanted. I think at some point I probably try to find a hutch to put on it to increase my storage capacity, but other than that, I have no complaints at all.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Clutch wrote:Wondering how the new bench is doing? I am planning on picking one up next week and would like to know how it is working out for you. Thanks
I was just going through my reloading set up this evening. I have it all mounted on a very small cabinet. 30" x 30" small. It worked fine for the time frame I set it up but now it is not enough room. It was originally designed about 30 years ago when I lived in a small 10x 40 trailer...LOL. Those were the days. Now I have a little more room to spread out. I was kind of procrastinating until I see how TAM has his mounted and set up.

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 3

Post by pbwalker »

Just got the bench together this evening! And I only lost one small chunk of skin...it's amazing how much pressure there is between two pieces of wood when you get a little bit of skin in there and the drill cranks right down on it. :cryin

It's a solid bench and was easy to put together.

TAM - Where did you mount the press? On the far left side, so it won't block the drawers? I'm trying to find a good point to mount one...
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

pbwalker wrote:Just got the bench together this evening! And I only lost one small chunk of skin...it's amazing how much pressure there is between two pieces of wood when you get a little bit of skin in there and the drill cranks right down on it. :cryin

It's a solid bench and was easy to put together.

TAM - Where did you mount the press? On the far left side, so it won't block the drawers? I'm trying to find a good point to mount one...
That's exactly where I put it — off the left end of the bench. The main reason I want to add a hutch is powder and bullet storage. 4 drawers is nice, but I'm discovering that it isn't going to be enough storage in the long run. Still, no regrets. It is a pretty nice bench. The brass tumbler is going on the bottom shelf.

Here's a quick picture I just took with my cellphone, keeping in mind that this is still a work in progress:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jhutto
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jhutto »

I have been using that same bench for about 6 months now. Picked mine up at harbor as well. I mounted a dillon 550b with the strongmount on the right side facing the front. I put my case trimmer in the wood vice. It looks ok in the house too! The only other ideas I had were the more expensive woodworking benches but these can sell for as much as a few thousand dollars. This was a very cost effective solution.
Enjoy, great choice!

Clutch
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Clutch »

Guys,
I am wanting to purchase this bench and set it up for loading as well. However, after looking at the instructions (downloaded fro HF) it seems to be put together with

components of lesser quality (cheapo). I am referring to the type of nuts that are sued to hold the system together. Can any of you vouch for the quality of the bench now

that it is set up? Anybody accidentally "abused" the bench in any way and were surprised to see how it held up? The money is right up my alley, especially with the coupon and

the sale price. BUT, I don't want to put $100 into a bench and then have to repair it... What about the stabilization? I saw someone said they screwed it to studs in the wall?

Thank in advance and best to all!
Life's tough... It's even tougher when your STUPID! -- John Wayne

Return to “Reloading Forum”