Berry's Bullets

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
DustinB
Posts in topic: 1

Berry's Bullets

Post by DustinB »

I just picked up 1000 Berry's .40 S&W 155gr Round Shoulder Copper Plated bullets. Has anyone had any experience with these or at least the brand? I'm having a hard time finding a load for this specific bullet. Berry's says to use a load between what it says for a cast and a jacketed bullet of the same type. Now I can't seem to find a load for a cast bullet of 155gr but I can find one for a JHP. I'm going to be using win231 this time around. Does anyone have a good midrange target load for this bullet/powder or at least point me in the right direction? There's nothing on the Winchester site or in my Sierra reloading manual.

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

I've had good experience loading Berry's. They're good bullets and cheap. They can be had from Cabelas fairly cheap even with shipping since I normally can't afford to buy in bulk (10k or more). Buying in bulk will usually come out cheaper in the long run.

In .45 ACP I've always had good experience using lead loads. I have no experience loading .40, but I can't see where it would be much different. As you know, it's better to start low and work up.

Mike Cornell

Berry bullets

Post by Mike Cornell »

Dustin,

I've reloaded Berry's .45 200 SWC for quite some time with outstanding down range accuracy. They're fine bullets.

If you keep velocities for the .40 155gr plated bullets between 900 fps and 1100 fps, you should be fine. When seating, remove the flare, but do not taper crimp too much.

If you PM me, I'll get some loads for you this evening when I get home. I typically use VV N320, VV 3N37, or WSF for the .40. I've also used Titegroup and AA5 with good results.

Mike Cornell
To be turned from one's course by men's opinions, by blame, and by misrepresentation shows a man unfit to hold an office.
Quintus Maximus 250 B.C.

Return to “Reloading Forum”