For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KinnyLee
Posts in topic: 3

Where should you set up your reload station

Post by KinnyLee »

I know, more questions from a newbie. :lol:
But for the veteran reloaders, where should you set up your reload station? I'm thinking part of the garage, but the garage is humid and it does have a variation of temperature. I don't have too much room in the house since we only have less than 1700 square feet of living space. I guess it would work if I set up in the house somewhere.

BobCat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BobCat »

My bench is in the living room, since we never sit in there (the cats aren't allowed in there, they get fur all over everything).

If you bolt your press to a piece of 1-1/8" flooring plywood, you can clamp it to your bench with deep C-clamps. Countersink the heads and use washers. This allows you to use someting portable, like a Workmate, for your bench. All your reloading gear can be in boxes and you pull out what you are going to use right then, and put it all away when done.

A small brush and dustpan help for bits of polishing medium (corn cob or walnut shells), stray powder granules, and other "dirt" that may get loose. If you keep the area clean, you may be able to set up and load in almost any room, without too much negative feedback. I'd keep it out of the kitchen - primer reside contains lead styphnate reaction products.

Regards,
Andrew
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

phddan

Post by phddan »

Where you set up your reloading bench is pretty much user dependant.
Factors such as kids, pets, weather, and others, makes a difference.
Get creative and find a spot inside, would be my humle suggestion.
Keeps everything in a controlled enviroment.

Dan

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

My reloading equipment is in a spare bedroom with the exercise equipment. However, I reloaded in the garage for all my reloading life until we moved into our current home in 1999.

If you reload in the garage, just be sure not to leave the powder, primers or loaded ammo in a hot and/or humid garage.

Chas.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Something you probably already know, but never hurts to say... don't set up your reloading equipment in a carpeted room. Or on any other floor that you plan to vacuum. I'm sure you can guess how I know... :roll:
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Yes sir. Now if you are not the one that vacumes the floor, dont hand prime them on the carpet that your Bride gets to vacumn. How do I know? :roll: :roll:
Don't :smilelol5: llwatson.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
KinnyLee

Post by KinnyLee »

LOL, you guys are too funny. Well, I'm in the process of rearranging my room to acommadate a bench table for the 650. It has tile floor so there is nothing to worry about. It's also a good excuse to throw out a bunch of junk that has been in my room. lol.

One more question. I was reading the instructions for the casefeeder and it said that some caliber will need a white funnel adaptor to be placed inside the clear funnel. Do I need one for .45ACP? I'm asking this question because for the life of me, I can't fine this white funnel adapter they said that's included with the casefeeder. I've read the conversion chart on pg 46, but I'm very confused. lol.

Houston1944

Post by Houston1944 »

You don't use the white reducer for 45. I only use it for 9mm and 38 Super. I don't load any rifle calibers on my 650 so I am not sure if it is needed for 223 or other small rifle calibers.

Topic author
KinnyLee

Post by KinnyLee »

Houston1944 wrote:You don't use the white reducer for 45. I only use it for 9mm and 38 Super. I don't load any rifle calibers on my 650 so I am not sure if it is needed for 223 or other small rifle calibers.
Awesome! Thanks for the info. :grin: I just finished installing the station one de-priming die. It seems to deprime pretty well. The casefeeder works like it's suppose to. So far so good. :grin:

Return to “Reloading Forum”