What will you load next?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

michael e
Posts in topic: 5

Re: What will you load next?

Post by michael e »

Just set up my 357sig for diffrent bullet, primed a few . Then got side tracked so they will have to wait till tommorow to get powder and bullet.

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NcongruNt »

Well, got a few test loads worked up for the .458 SOCOM. Just waiting on backordered parts so I can have by builder do the barrel and custom work so I can shoot them. :waiting:

Here's my first test batch of "plinkers", using Berry's 350 grain RS.

NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Richardc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Richardc »

Just got a new 200grn LSWC six cavity mold from Lee, and have cast a few good enough to get loaded. So .45acp here i come. Then maybe some more 158 LRN .38spl for my Model 94 ranger compact. If your trying to or thinking of getting into casting your own bullets, get as much info as you can. This is by far the most difficult thing i have ever done in reloading. :banghead:
"That door you just kicked in was locked for YOUR protection, Not mine."
http://www.chldefense.com
http://www.facebook.com/chldefense

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 4

Post by G.A. Heath »

.45 ACP is my next loading session. In fact I think I will go get setup and start right now.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

APynckel

Post by APynckel »

G.A. Heath wrote:.45 ACP is my next loading session. In fact I think I will go get setup and start right now.
Word from the wise...

buy a progressive....
NRA Lifetime Member

urnoodle
Posts in topic: 5

Post by urnoodle »

The plan was to load .45 acp but my die set isn't here yet so I started loading more 9mm. Instead of loading the 115gr FMJ, I'm going with a 125gr lead round nose. Hopefully the new dieset will be here this week.
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

teddy salad
Posts in topic: 1

Post by teddy salad »

NcongruNt wrote: Here's my first test batch of "plinkers", using Berry's 350 grain RS.
Wow, those look great. And Vihtavuori, my favorite powder. I might just have to get some 458 socom stuff. The rifle is optional, I just want to make those bullets. :mrgreen:

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NcongruNt »

teddy salad wrote:
NcongruNt wrote: Here's my first test batch of "plinkers", using Berry's 350 grain RS.
Wow, those look great. And Vihtavuori, my favorite powder. I might just have to get some 458 socom stuff. The rifle is optional, I just want to make those bullets. :mrgreen:
They are definitely an impressive round. There's plenty of heft to them, they just *feel* like they mean business. I've been very happy with Vihtavuori N135 in my .223 loads, and the numbers from QuickLoad look very good for N120 in .458 SOCOM. Time will tell, once I get some range time with my test loads.

My rifle build won't be complete until probably late October or early November. I have to wait on my builder for the barrel, upper receiver, and a custom rail block to be fabricated - and he's swamped with work at the moment.

If you're wanting an RRA rifle/upper, their lead times are currently at about 3 months. If you have the money to burn, Wilson Combat is now making .458 SOCOM rifles, with a base price of something like $2300. :shock:
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Richardc

Post by Richardc »

AndyC wrote:
Richardc wrote:Just got a new 200grn LSWC six cavity mold from Lee, and have cast a few good enough to get loaded. So .45acp here i come.
I hope they work well for you - I couldn't get those to cycle reliably :(
My Wilson loves the load i use, just hope the 200gr stuff works as well. One tattered hole at 25yrds
"That door you just kicked in was locked for YOUR protection, Not mine."
http://www.chldefense.com
http://www.facebook.com/chldefense

velo99
Posts in topic: 1

Post by velo99 »

I will probably load 9mm. Have about 600 cases cleaned, primed and flared, ready to finish. problem is I need to cast about 300 more bullets.
It's a vicious cycle. :)
:patriot:

Return to “Reloading Forum”