What Did You Do In The Reloading Room This Week?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 48

Re: What Did You Do In The Reloading Room This Week?

Post by Beiruty »

Some new yummy-yumm for the new rifle
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Winchester New Cases are junk, stay away. I had one case that did not even slide into the shell holder.
Beiruty,

Surgeon
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Surgeon »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
Surgeon wrote:
AndyC wrote:Ordered one of these puppies to trim/prep my rifle brass more easily:

Bought the exact model about months ago and love it, especially for resizing and added a swaging tool for the spent military brass. This is a great piece of equipment.
Good for trimming? Accurate?
Very accurate. I trimmed off over 300qty once fired .308 brass with it. Used one NEW brass to set up the trimming depth so I wouldn't take off too much, although from what I've read you can go a tad beyond spec since the brass will stretch out again, but over all it was quick and accurate. I used it on my 3oo Black Out and 30-06 and for me it works like a charm. I tried the reamer on the crimped primer pocket and decided to just buy the swaging tool to "get it right". Word of caution....READ THE DIRECTIONS before you start. Finding the right collar and adjusting the settings and locking them down properly will save a lot of headaches...Good luck and enjoy.
:tiphat:
The military arsenal we will use to fight a World War IV ..... "stones" - Einstein

Deitz83
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Deitz83 »

Purchased a Dillon 550C. I loaded 500 rounds of 40 S & W, cleaned and deprimmed 1500 rds of 40 S & W brass, cleaned and deprimmed 3000 rounds of 9mm, loaded 10 rounds of 9 mm to test. I did this over a over a three period. After I test the 9 mm, I will load 500 rounds for match shooting. Next on the purchase list is a 223 die, 45 ACP die and 308 die. I have enough brass to keep me busy over the hot summer. Oh! build another AR15:

flechero
Posts in topic: 21

Post by flechero »

I set up my Redding comp seat die, then loaded up a few hundred rounds of target ammo. Pre-loaded a bunch of primer tubes. Also decapped and wet tumbled 600 pcs of 45acp brass.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Loaded some 50rd of 9mm. My RIA 1911 did not like 115 HP plated.
So, I have 1500 115gr HP plated for sale $150 f2f
Beiruty,

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Necked 50rds of 25-06 to 6mm-06, primed and loaded with 70g nosler ballistic tips!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

crazy2medic wrote:Necked 50rds of 25-06 to 6mm-06, primed and loaded with 70g nosler ballistic tips!
Would not necking down 270 easier?
Beiruty,

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Beiruty wrote:
crazy2medic wrote:Necked 50rds of 25-06 to 6mm-06, primed and loaded with 70g nosler ballistic tips!
Would not necking down 270 easier?
No, because 25-06 i'm taking it from 25 caliber to 24 caliber, and case length is the same, 270 i'd have to go from 27 caliber to 24 caliber and the 270 case is longer and would require trimming, so 25-06 is the best choice!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

strogg

Post by strogg »

Just took receipt of 1000 rounds of 10mm Starline brass. I'm prepping/priming them over the next few days before loading them with 180 grain RNFP bullets. I'm going to verify a tweaked version of the 10mm today at the range. Afterwards, I'll mass produce a bunch more. Also working through my backlog of rifle brass and .45 ACP.

I'm also considering getting a progressive press as I'm starting to feel the pain with the giant box of brass. But all that will do is make me want to shoot more, which will incur even more pain to my wallet.

flechero
Posts in topic: 21

Post by flechero »

strogg wrote: Also working through my backlog of rifle brass and .45 ACP.
Brother, if you send a thousand or 3, pieces of 45acp brass, I will decap it, clean it, reload it shoot it and repeat as often as you see fit... just to keep it limber for you!! I am a giver. :lol:

strogg

Post by strogg »

flechero wrote:Brother, if you send a thousand or 3, pieces of 45acp brass, I will decap it, clean it, reload it shoot it and repeat as often as you see fit... just to keep it limber for you!! I am a giver. :lol:
Thanks for the offer, but I think I can handle it on my own. :cool:

I cleaned, resized, flared, and primed another 300 .45 ACP (apparently that was it of my backlog), went through and did the same for my 1000 pieces of 10mm brass, and finally finished loading my backlog of rifle brass with the exception of the 6.8 SPC (going to shoot up what's left of my terrible old load formula before loading my new one).

I'm going to order up some .40 cal 180 grain bullets, some more 230 grain 45 ACP, and restock on my .308 MK bullets. Hopefully I can have more pistol caliber ammo ready to go in the next couple weeks. Until then, I'm going to relabel my ammo boxes and cans. I recently got a hold of a Zebra label printer, and I'm excited to put it to some good use.

nocents
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nocents »

I had a couple of hours today so I restocked my 44 mag hunting loads. Loaded 53 to be exact. I like to weigh each round that I use for hunting. Just recently acquired a Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" so I shot quite a few rounds getting it sighted in at 25 and 50 yards. With iron sights 50 yards is as far as I feel comfortable shooting right now. The old man eye syndrome! Reloading anything is sure nuff relaxing.

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 10

Post by MaduroBU »

A few hundy of .357 Sig. Going to start up on a build for my dad soon, a 6.5 creedmoor built to be cheap fun and accurate. Old donor action that got about $1300 put into it. Want to push some 142 gr ELDX bullets through little holes.
Last edited by MaduroBU on Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Cleaned some 200 rds of 9mm
Setup my Hornady AP to size/deprim some 600 SW 40 cases.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XWITqz7kGRuKMTem2
Beiruty,

Return to “Reloading Forum”