Want to learn more about reloading

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

striker55
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Want to learn more about reloading

Post by striker55 »

My opinion is that when I shot in competition, IHMSA, I reloaded to make the best possible accuracy for my long range shooting. Collecting brass was no problem when firing 5 rounds at a time. Then I sold my guns and equipment. Now I shoot semi autos and thought I would get back into reloading, bought the Lee turret press and extras, I was excited to get back into reloading. Then I went to the range, what a pain picking up brass. Between the time reloading, picking up brass, cleaning the brass I came to the conclusion that buying cheap ammo to burn was a better fit for me. Sold all the reloading equipment. But that's me.

Richbirdhunter
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I really enjoy reloading, I can go to the garage and spend some time by myself load up 400 or 500 rounds. If something goes wrong I can fix it, it's very satisfying
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

ghostrider
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ghostrider »

I recommend starting with a low pressure pistol cartridge (45ACP, 45LC, or 38spl) to learn the basics before moving on to high pressure (9mm, 357mag, 40S&W) or bottleneck cartridges (357Sig, any common rifle round).
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

Topic author
zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 5

Post by zimmerdesignz »

Right now, I'm saving a little money since it has such a high initial expense.
:tiphat:

Return to “Reloading Forum”