My Latest Article for Western Powder Co.

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
K-Texas
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

My Latest Article for Western Powder Co.

Post by K-Texas »

Howdy Y'all!

I know I haven't been around much since I registered as a member, but a lot of that is due to a recent project. It's been wrapped up mostly for a few weeks now and I was asked to do an article about it. I've written several previously that you'll have to go back several pages to find.

The latest is titled, The Heavyweight Semi-Finals. It's more than just a reloading article where I've been developing 147 gr. Hollow-Point loads. It also covers ammo testing that you can do on your own, and without the need for using ballistic gel. My article is preceded by 2 from Charles Schwartz who has done some amazing research and analysis that can read about in his book, Quantitative Ammunition Selection. We've been acquainted for a few years now and he was kind enough to furnish me with a copy of his software program. So, my article concludes with data gathered for 4 different 147 gr. Bullets that can be used to good effect in 9mm defense loads.

This should be of interest to non handloaders as well because Charles and I both get into his method for testing HP Defense Loads. A chronograph is required, however. I'm trying not to divulge too much here, so I'll put up a link before I do. Hope you enjoy the article, and I look forward to your questions and comments.

For those who'd like to collect the test parameters after reading the article, we can run an analysis on that too! ;-)

http://blog.westernpowders.com/2018/05/ ... r-the-9mm/
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

Return to “Reloading Forum”