powder/components in Dallas/Plano area

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
flechero
Posts in topic: 3

powder/components in Dallas/Plano area

Post by flechero »

Going to be in Dallas for a few days- Downtown, uptown, Plano and Prosper... any good places to buy powder? Specifically looking for Alliant Sport Pistol. (I could order 4 lbs cheap online but want to try a single lb before committing) This time, I don't mind over paying for a single can.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

ET-Ret
Posts in topic: 1

Re: powder/components in Dallas/Plano area

Post by ET-Ret »

Cabelas's in Allen
Cabelas in Ft Worth This is a trip worth the effort because of the stuffed displays
Bass pro in East of Dallas and North of DFW airport.
Some of the Academy's There is several of them Look them up on the net.
the one in arlington is beginning to stock a lot more. Call them to avoid travel A lot of LGS Just don' have a Recomendation.
If you have a laptop or a tablet take them with you lots of free WFI.
Hope this helps.
Et-ret

strogg

Post by strogg »

+1 on Cabelas. They always have good inventory on powders, bullets, etc. You can always go online to check their inventory before making the trip. Do note that their primers are hiding behind the counter, and it may be difficult to flag someone down to get some for you. Powders are out in the open, though.

Topic author
flechero

Post by flechero »

Thanks guys, gives me a number of places to detour on my trip! :tiphat:

AndyC wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:21 pm Gunmaster on Ave K east of 75 in Plano usually has a great selection of powders.
Funny you mentioned Gunmaster- when I looked them up yesterday, there is a pic on the website showing the reloading isle and it looked like they had about 200 powders on the shelf... I have been there many years ago, but before I reloaded so didn't pay atten to that area.

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

flechero wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:58 pm Going to be in Dallas for a few days- Downtown, uptown, Plano and Prosper... any good places to buy powder? Specifically looking for Alliant Sport Pistol. (I could order 4 lbs cheap online but want to try a single lb before committing) This time, I don't mind over paying for a single can.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
You probably assumed, like I once did, that in a metro area of ~6+ million people there would be at least one reloader's Mecca in driving distance. Sadly, that isn't the case.

Topic author
flechero

Post by flechero »

Well, I tried a few places and Gunmaster was the only place with a good powder selection and a good price on powder and primers. (not to mention a good qty of all primers on hand)

Although I struck out on Sport Pistol, I picked up some VV N340 to work on/up some hunting/ranch loads. I call that a win. :thumbs2:

Return to “Reloading Forum”