For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
K-Texas
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Western Powders Handloading Guide Edition 1

Post by K-Texas »

Before it was released, the author, Rob Behr, sent me a copy in PDF to review. He did not develop the data, but his printed instructions are among the best I've seen in any load manual, while the number of cartridges in the data is quite extensive, including some of the smaller caliber data for 5.7 x 28mm and the .22 TCM, just to name a couple.

I didn't know that I was due a printed copy, but received one a couple of weeks back. It is very well executed in soft-back with glossy pages that should hold up very well for a lot of years. If you're looking for your 1st handload manual, or another to add to your data library, I can highly recommend it. ;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Western Powders Handloading Guide Edition 1

Post by flechero »

K-Tex,

Is your edition number wrong by chance? (did you leave off a digit?)

I have .pdf versions Western Powders reloading guide 6.0 and also the Western Powders handloading guide web REV 7.0 so I was thinking that something might be amiss.

Topic author
K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

flechero wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:09 pm K-Tex,

Is your edition number wrong by chance? (did you leave off a digit?)

I have .pdf versions Western Powders reloading guide 6.0 and also the Western Powders handloading guide web REV 7.0 so I was thinking that something might be amiss.
No, Sir. I'm talking about the complete reloading manual. It does include the data from the #7 load guide and then some. If you're keeping up with the load guides, the #8 is just days away. The manual that I'm talking about begins with complete instructions on handloading and every cartridge has a preface that includes the cartridge drawing. All of which were written by Rob Behr whom offers some great commentary about specific cartridges. ;-)

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Hmm... odd numbering, but also an interesting distinction in their titling... - the #7 Handloading guide i I have is the complete manual (about 115 pages worth) and the #6 reloading guide is mostly powder and load data (about 85 pages)

Either way, I agree with you that Western puts out very good info, and their velocities are realistic- my chrono readings are usually pretty close to their published velocities. :thumbs2:

Topic author
K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

flechero wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:45 pm Hmm... odd numbering, but also an interesting distinction in their titling... - the #7 Handloading guide i I have is the complete manual (about 115 pages worth) and the #6 reloading guide is mostly powder and load data (about 85 pages)

Either way, I agree with you that Western puts out very good info, and their velocities are realistic- my chrono readings are usually pretty close to their published velocities. :thumbs2:
The free-to-download guides will continue in the numbering sequence like the #8 that should be available for download from the blog any day now. The Western Powders Handloading Guide Edition 1 might have been better named Manual rather than Guide. Counting a few pages in the back for notes, it's 480 pages long. It is a complete load manual, like say, the Lyman 50th Edition. Sorry I can't remember its price of the top of my head, but it's competitive in price to other load manuals. Available from the usual suspects, Midway, Grafs, etc. ;-)

Return to “Reloading Forum”