I did a search but didn't find that.
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

K-Texas
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Accurate powder recall

Post by K-Texas »

Since this one is newer, I'll just post here. Western is certainly on top of this and is very adamant about replacing the powders. Rob Behr at Western even asked me to dispose of the AA 4350 they sent me just a couple of years back, and I thought it was unaffected and couldn't find the slightest problem with it.

General Dynamics Canada is the actual manufacturer and they also supply several extruded rifle powders to Hodgdon, including the 3 very similar IMR powders 4895, 4064 and 4350. The 2 closest Hogdgon powders are H4895 and H4350. No word so far about any recalls on Hodgdon and IMR extruded rifle powders, but it was just a few years ago that they recalled IMR 4007 SSC, and it has not returned to the market. I can't help but wonder about the issues with the Accurate powders 2495, 4064 and 4350 being similar to the problems that were reported with 4007 SSC.

I don't know if it's an option for everyone, but to replace the 3# of AA 4350 I disposed of I had them replaced with Ramshot Hunter which is a spherical rifle propellant with a reputation of having temperature stability that rivals extruded rifle powders. Just a tad slower burning than the various 4350s, or about midway between IMR 4350 and IMR 4831. ;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

Return to “Reloading Forum”