What case lube and why?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
thatguy
Posts in topic: 1

What case lube and why?

Post by thatguy »

I have used Hornaday's One Shot case lube for years because it seems to evaporate well and leave very little residue, any other suggestions? :bigear:
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

strogg

Re: What case lube and why?

Post by strogg »

I use RCBS Case Lube-2. It works just fine, and it's not messy. I used to use a spray bottle one (I forgot which), but that stuff is stinky, is a mess to clean up, and doesn't work all that well unless you spray liberally. With the RCBS stuff, a little goes a long way. I'm sure there's better stuff out there, but I personally don't reload enough to warrant looking for better alternatives.

ammoboy2

Post by ammoboy2 »

Imperial Die Wax - little tin last for years and thousands of cases

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

ammoboy2 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:19 pm Imperial Die Wax - little tin last for years and thousands of cases
This is what I use, No Stuck Cases!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

T.O.M.

Post by T.O.M. »

The least experience and simplest way i found to lube cases is a mix 99% rubbing alcohol with landline in solution, wet an old pillow case with it add your brass, mix it up and down pour out the brass the alcohol will flash off and your cases are lubed with no lube in the case mouth any were from 500-1000 cases at a time

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

Dillon case lube. It's just lanolin and rubbing alcohol. Easy breasy.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

flechero

Post by flechero »

Imperial Die Wax
For rifle cases, there is nothing better, period.

Do you wet tumble? If so here is an option.

For pistol- I quit formally lubing. For the last several years, I have used a tablespoon of Armor All Wash & Wax [per gallon] in my hot rinse water. Whatever they use for the wax portion leaves a light coat on the brass..... it sizes almost as good as a true lube [with carbide dies] and retains the new brass shine indefinitely due to the wax. Best of all- no mess, no re-clean after sizing, no extra steps in loading, no gummed up dies to clean, nothing but the benefits.

DocV

Post by DocV »

I use a wax lube. In my case, Imperial. Smear a little wax on the inside of a gallon plastic zipper bag. Add unlubed cases to bag. Close the bag. Shake it. Roll the cases around in the bag. Dump the cases into a bin. Add more cases to the bag and repeat. Fast, easy and cheap. I have used the same tin of Imperial for years and it is still nearly full.

K-Texas
Banned

Post by K-Texas »

I know I'm arriving late to this discussion, but a friend of mine who shoots benchrest gave me a small quantity of a great and easy to find lube. Peak brand, neutral boot polish made with bees-wax. You can find it at any Tractor Supply. My buddy loads several different rifle calibers for benchrest shooting, several of 6.5mm caliber alone. I actually got my first experience shooting .260 AI by helping him fireform .260 Rem cases and helping him to chronograph several of the different calibers he shoots. He swears by the beeswax boot polish and has been using it for years. It's worked great for me so far.;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

I use Imperial Case Wax or leave the brass bare. The only cases I really lube now are forming 7.62x40 from 5.56 or .50 BMG (which is a BEAST unless "annealed" and then lubed well).

Return to “Reloading Forum”