HB 2026

The Legislative Session is over - here are the results?

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Hefty Hero
Posts in topic: 1

HB 2026

Post by Hefty Hero »

Urge Governor Perry to End Internet Hunting!

A facility in Texas allows people to log onto the Internet from a computer anywhere in the world, and with the simple point-and-click of a mouse, fire a rifle at live animals. A bill, H.B. 2026, to ban the shooting of animals over the Internet has passed the Texas Legislature and is now on the Governor's desk. Many states have banned this unethical and unsporting practice and, with your help, Texas could be next.

It is critical that Governor Perry sign this bill into law. Texas is the only state with an internet hunting operation, so this legislation would effectively end the practice altogether. The bill must be signed this week and your voice is needed!

What You Can Do
Please call and email Governor Rick Perry today and urge him to sign H.B. 2026, the bill to ban Internet hunting, into law.

Governor Rick Perry
(512) 463-2000
» Click here to send an email to Governor Perry.

Thank you for taking action today on behalf of animals!

Sample Phone Call
"My name is [your name] and I'm calling from [your city or town]. I'm calling to urge Governor Perry to sign H.B. 2026, the bill to ban Internet hunting, into law. This is an unethical and unsporting practice and should be banned in Texas. Thank you."
He that would live in peace and ease
Must not speak all he knows,
nor judge all he sees.

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

Banning this would set a very dangerous precident and I can't support it. If the person has a valid hunting license, I don't care if the shot is actually fired via a mouse click or via a trigger pull. There are many people who may not be physically able to get out to a deer lease, but banning something purely on the basis of a new technological advance is not a good way to go.

I would never utilize this service though.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

I work in the department of Wildlife and Fisheries at Texas A&M. Though I do nothing wildlife related (I'm a network admin), I pick up on conversations and this may not be as unethical as you think. I think it's kind of a neat idea.

I would urge people before stepping up on one side of the fence to reseach both sides. The site is called:

http://www.live-shot.com/

I think it is a neat idea for those who are disabled to still get out and "hunt." Precautions are taken so you dont get a bad shot on an animal. A real live person stands by the shooting booth and is ready to take a second shot if need be. The animals will be fine.

Sure its different than what you grew up with, but I for one hope the bill dies with a veto.

-nick
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Return to “2005 Texas Legislative Session”