Wikipedia and others down for 24 hrs

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

magillapd
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wikipedia and others down for 24 hrs

Post by magillapd »

I bet this post viewtopic.php?f=83&t=51011alone would get this website shut down, for like forever!

edited to add the following. "If the laws were to pass that is."
Last edited by magillapd on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
NRA- Life member :patriot:
TSRA - Conditional Life Member :txflag:

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

I hope they keep it down for the rest of the week or longer. The internet was so much faster today.
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

Ashlar
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ashlar »

Ugh.. those of you in Lamar Smith's district need to be mailing him furiously..

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-57360 ... ext-month/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lamar Smith (R-Texas), chairman of the House Judiciary committee, said today he expects the debate over the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) to resume sometime next month.

Kythas

Post by Kythas »

Lawmakers are retreating from these bills faster than the French retreat from Germans.

I doubt they are going anywhere, at least the way they're currently written.
“I’m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let’s start with typewriters.” - Frank Lloyd Wright

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms" - Aristotle

Wes
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Wes »

and now the govt shut down a website despite the disapproval of these bills, so hackers took out the mpaa and justice websites, lol

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Anonymou ... 28944.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

Liberty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Liberty »

Wes wrote:and now the govt shut down a website despite the disapproval of these bills, so hackers took out the mpaa and justice websites, lol

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Anonymou ... 28944.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If only they could shut down the Hollywood tripe that provides the income to Hollywood and the bought Congress Critters
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”