Pictures or Graphics

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
TEX
Posts in topic: 1

Pictures or Graphics

Post by TEX »

How to I include a picture or small graphic in my post?

Thanks - TEX
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pictures or Graphics

Post by Keith B »

You have to host it on a site like Flickr or Photobucket. Then you click the IMG button above and insert the link between the bracketed entries.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

There are a couple other options. That might be concidered.
While you are typing you can scroll down and select the upload attachment. This will display an Icon to the readers which they can download the image and basically see it in another page.

If you have your own web space You can upload your image to your own webspace. Free webspace is sometimes available from your provider, There is also free space available on the net via such services such as blogger.com

My prefered method these days is to usedropbox. Thias is mostly a service that allows one to share data between common computers. It stores the data on all the computers on the account as well as on line. It allows me to securely keep data images and photos on my work and home computers all toger and synced. One of the options though is to store stuff in the public folder. Anything stored in the public folder is available to others who have the the link url. All that needs to be done is to click the URL button and modify the code to look like:

Code: Select all

[img]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/748145/carry.jpg[/img]
Bestr of luckm
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

Russell wrote:+1 for dropbox. Wonderful program that is completely free.

You may use this link to signup for the service and receive an additional 250 megs for free (as will I since it's my referral link): https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTE3MDQwNjk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Neat program.. It and it not only works well on PCs and Macs but they even support LINUX .. !!!
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”