Twitter

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Twitter

Post by RPB »

Total Twitter newbie here

I made an account, followed all anti-gun guys, started replying to their nonsense, got 4 followers already .... been on it an hour "rlol"

Feels weird being a newbie at anything since I've built computers since the 1970s, was Admin at MSN, actually saw the first usage of many common acronyms, etc ...

I'm still not planning to get a faceplant face page .... whatever :lol:

I got thanked for a RT (ReTweet) and I thought they meant Roanoke Times article "rlol" http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/commentary/wb/80510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm so lost "rlol"

Any tips?
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

M2K
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Twitter

Post by M2K »

RPB wrote:Total Twitter newbie here

I made an account, followed all anti-gun guys, started replying to their nonsense, got 4 followers already .... been on it an hour "rlol"

Feels weird being a newbie at anything since I've built computers since the 1970s, was Admin at MSN, actually saw the first usage of many common acronyms, etc ...

I'm still not planning to get a faceplant face page .... whatever :lol:

I'm so lost "rlol"

I got thanked for a RT (ReTweet) and I thought they meant Roanoke Times article "rlol" http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/commentary/wb/80510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't feel left out! I still don't have accounts for either and I've been repairing computers, networks, etc. since '72.

I guess that gives me 2 more years to ignore it! :smilelol5:

ELB

Post by ELB »

I am not a twitterer (or is it "twit" :lol: ) but I highly recommend that you don't get so wrapped up in it that you tweet your home invasion experience as it happens. (And yes, someone did that :eek6 ).
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

ELB wrote:I am not a twitterer (or is it "twit" :lol: ) but I highly recommend that you don't get so wrapped up in it that you tweet your home invasion experience as it happens. (And yes, someone did that :eek6 ).
"rlol"

It seems to move so slowly compared to old IRC chat etc ... almost like an old Fidonet Store-and-forward ... almost boring.
Ok, I reviewed it ... it'll never catch on ...
:smilelol5:

IBM Exec ... "There might be a market for 4 or 5 Personal Computers in the United States"
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Secret Service "Twitter oopsie"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blo ... ingtonpost" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Interesting, some people have problems following rules? :rules:
Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (CSGV) got their Twitter account suspended?
http://twitter.com/CSGV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
redirects today to
http://twitter.com/suspended" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

After my third day on Twitter here's my thoughts/ review

main thought

Although Faxes/E-mails letters/phone calls to Legislators etc are effective, we know some Staffers act like filters as to what gets through to the decision makers, but it seems many legislators read their own twitter accounts so this is a decent form of communication, even though Twitter could be a better program/features overall

Surprises
Dallas County District Attorney/several US Congressmen/Texas Senators/Representatives following me .... Must be careful what I say and how I say it

Things it can help
Nationally; I've asked US Senators/Representatives to sign on/cosponsor HR 1865 see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45058&hilit=acoe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think some were aware of the problem, though I've contacted their offices for years, gotten form letters back... etc etc
I'm no lawyer

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

RPB wrote:After my third day on Twitter here's my thoughts/ review

main thought

Although Faxes/E-mails letters/phone calls to Legislators etc are effective, we know some Staffers act like filters as to what gets through to the decision makers, but it seems many legislators read their own twitter accounts so this is a decent form of communication, even though Twitter could be a better program/features overall

Surprises
Dallas County District Attorney/several US Congressmen/Texas Senators/Representatives following me .... Must be careful what I say and how I say it

Things it can help
Nationally; I've asked US Senators/Representatives to sign on/cosponsor HR 1865 see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45058&hilit=acoe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think some were aware of the problem, though I've contacted their offices for years, gotten form letters back... etc etc
You forgot to mention some of other followers; NSA, CIA, FBI, Secret Service. They just don't show up in the list. :biggrinjester:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Keith B wrote:
RPB wrote:After my third day on Twitter here's my thoughts/ review

main thought

Surprises

Things it can help

You forgot to mention some of other followers; NSA, CIA, FBI, Secret Service. They just don't show up in the list. :biggrinjester:
Not worried about FBI ... I , Advised/informed them years ago on a Pakistani guy, related to a van on a bridge in USA ...with info they took an entire day at MSN (MSN Admin/Legal Dept/Techies) FBI asking how I got it (MSN then asked me to just teach FBI directly because Legal Dept [privacy concerns] too easily confused with Technology explanations)
... and taught them about Steganography (a method some use to communicate by hiding messages in pictures posted on terrorist-type sites)and more .... afterwards taught a US Navy team a few things about various Computer-Networking/Security vulns/vulnerabilities etc ;) (You'ld be surprised how "low-tech" FBI used to be before they hired younger people who know technology ......One good reason for pseudonyms/screen names/grey man http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... grey%20man" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1. Grey Man
A man who can blend in to any scene or situation without standing out , hiding his skills and qualities .
)

Gotta admit, it is fun, though so much less usability than IRCX was
_PatJohnson_ Pat Johnson
#Guns #ACOE land Federal #HR1865 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45058&hilit=acoe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; #SnakesCoyotesFeralHogDeliverenceBanjos
:smilelol5: "rlol"
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Although a few more in government are now following me (Dewhurst+Birdwell added me) ... Rodney Ellis who Followed me yesterday/last night, UNfollowed me this morning #surprise #WontBeMissed
"rlol"
I'm no lawyer

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

You would have at least one more follower if I knew what your account name.

Liberty AKA @iritof76sp
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Liberty wrote:You would have at least one more follower if I knew what your account name.

Liberty AKA @iritof76sp
@_PatJohnson_

I'll add you/follow you right now, so I'll be easy to find ;-)
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

I-phone App idea ... GPS/Geocache/University Maps related
If I ride a bike to class from work ... which tree/bush is best for gun storage/hiding while I run into library so I'm not a felon by carrying it inside? :banghead:
I'm no lawyer

steve817

Post by steve817 »

RPB wrote:Interesting, some people have problems following rules? :rules:
redirects today to

From Wikipedia

"On May 18th, 2011, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence had their Twitter account suspended after posting multiple tweets that contained the name, state of residence, and employer information of a pro second amendment blogger."
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

steve817 wrote:
RPB wrote:Interesting, some people have problems following rules? :rules:
redirects today to

From Wikipedia

"On May 18th, 2011, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence had their Twitter account suspended after posting multiple tweets that contained the name, state of residence, and employer information of a pro second amendment blogger."
:thumbs2:
I'm no lawyer

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”