Certificate error

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
bilgerat57
Posts in topic: 2

Certificate error

Post by bilgerat57 »

Logged in to the site and received this message : Certificate error Mismatched Address. The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address. There is more to the message about recommending closing this page. My question is, Is the problem on my end or yours? I appreciate any help with this...... Thanks!
A Gun in the hands of a bad man is a dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good man is a danger only to the bad man - Charlton Heston
The only time a Texan has a pinky out is to see if the chamber is empty in the dark. - SFC M. Merino US Army

speedsix
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Certificate error

Post by speedsix »

...the ether did it...cause we're all really here and you are, too...I've found when I get something squirrely like that, if I just back up and take another run at it, it works...why, who knows???

Topic author
bilgerat57
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Certificate error

Post by bilgerat57 »

I went back and ran a web search, and then used the link that came up. It's working fine now. Thanks for the help!
A Gun in the hands of a bad man is a dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good man is a danger only to the bad man - Charlton Heston
The only time a Texan has a pinky out is to see if the chamber is empty in the dark. - SFC M. Merino US Army

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”