Bailing out from Go Daddy

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Liberty
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Bailing out from Go Daddy

Post by Liberty »

My real concern is on how smoothly they can transfer my wordpress blog.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
Liberty
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Bailing out from Go Daddy

Post by Liberty »

Russell wrote:Wordpress is a fairly simple beast (all things considered), and they have an entire department dedicated to just transferring accounts in from competitors.

Just open a ticket and ask what the process is that they will use for moving your site over, and what they will do to minimize downtime.
I talked to the folks there, and they also tell me it is a pretty simple process.. I am already paid up for a few more months on GoDaddy, so I'm going to wait till this summer. I figure that pulling my site and not using the services I already paid for is sorta like rewarding them. I won't give Go Daddy another cent though.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”