Firefox Guru Needed!

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Firefox Guru Needed!

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Okay folks, I need help with Firefox. I really like the feature that shows a bunch of tiles/links of recently visited websites when you open a new tab. I had to clear the cache (several times) to get my desktop to finally point to the new server for TexasCHLforum.com. Actually, I tried a lot of things like setting it not to save history, deleted everything, then it finally found our new server.

Unfortunately, now I've lost my handy little tiles showing recently visited website, even though I set it to remember history. Does anyone know how I can make it work again?

Thanks,
Chas.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Firefox Guru Needed!

Post by Beiruty »

can you see a little 9 dot on the right upper corner of the white page? If so click on it and you get back your last visited site previews.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Beiruty wrote:can you see a little 9 dot on the right upper corner of the white page? If so click on it and you get back your last visited site previews.
That did it. It toggled the feature off, then back one and the last pages visited appeared.

Thanks,
Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Russell wrote:As some extra information, I actually set this feature as my homepage. Every time I open firefox, the recently visited tiles shows up. You can do that by setting your homepage address to: "about:newtab"
That's a great tip.

Thanks,
Chas.

RiverCity.45
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RiverCity.45 »

You can sometimes avoid having to flush the cache when you need it to point to a new URL location by right clicking on the tab, selecting Reload Tab.
9/21/09 - Received license
"Nothing is so dangerous as an idea when it is the only one you have." - Emile Chartier

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”