Best free host for a few photos?

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Best free host for a few photos?

Post by mojo84 »

Any recommendations? I only want to use if for a few photos that I want to link to on here and other forums. I already have all my photos backing up to Carbonite but I need somewhere to store the ones I want to link to.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated. If they are about all the same, letting me know that would also be beneficial.

Thanks!
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

misterlarry
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Best free host for a few photos?

Post by misterlarry »

I use Dropbox for all my forum posting photos. Works great for that and transferring large files.
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I use Photobucket. It was recommended to me years ago and it's the only one I have any experience with.

It seems to work well:

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

misterlarry wrote:I use Dropbox for all my forum posting photos. Works great for that and transferring large files.

Interesting misterlarry. I already use dropbox for my business. I didn't think about it because I am very protective of it due to having business files on it. Is there a chance that link could be used by a hacker to get access to other files?

Thanks both of you for your feedback.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jbarn

Post by jbarn »

mojo84 wrote:
misterlarry wrote:I use Dropbox for all my forum posting photos. Works great for that and transferring large files.

Interesting misterlarry. I already use dropbox for my business. I didn't think about it because I am very protective of it due to having business files on it. Is there a chance that link could be used by a hacker to get access to other files?

Thanks both of you for your feedback.
My airshow thread with all the pics is hosted at photobucket. I also included a link to the album with more pics. Ads can be annoying.....
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Another photobucket fan here.

-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Yep, went with Photobucket.

lithium398

Post by lithium398 »

can you just copy the link say off facebook to upload pics to profile there and use here or other forums?

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”