Android: How to find the "open with" feature

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Android: How to find the "open with" feature

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

We bought several new HP Slate 7 tablets that we are going to use to run Practiscore for scoring our IDPA matches. I need to import the registration CSV, but I can't find an "open with" feature. Does anyone know where it's hiding? Just clicking on the file or attachment doesn't work.

Thanks,
Chas.

PBR
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Android: How to find the "open with" feature

Post by PBR »

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... eropenwith" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -- don't know much about android but will this help

http://www.guidingtech.com/13517/change ... type-open/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

loktite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by loktite »

Downloaded Practiscore on my Note 2 to look at quickly. Looks like what you need to do is to save the file on the device first. Then, inside of Practicsore, go to Sync -> Import Registration . From there it will present a file browser, where you can browse to the location the file was saved.

On my phone, I sent a file via gmail, opened gmail -> opened the specific e-mail, tapped the 3 dots to the right of the attachment and chose Save. Then inside of Practiscore -> Sync -> import Registration, browsed to Download, and the file was in that directory. I didn't actually create a valid practiscore csv to test with however.

If you are unable to find where it is saving the file, you may want to copy the file manually to the device by hooking the USB up to a computer.

Hope this helps.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

loktite wrote:Downloaded Practiscore on my Note 2 to look at quickly. Looks like what you need to do is to save the file on the device first. Then, inside of Practicsore, go to Sync -> Import Registration . From there it will present a file browser, where you can browse to the location the file was saved.

On my phone, I sent a file via gmail, opened gmail -> opened the specific e-mail, tapped the 3 dots to the right of the attachment and chose Save. Then inside of Practiscore -> Sync -> import Registration, browsed to Download, and the file was in that directory. I didn't actually create a valid practiscore csv to test with however.

If you are unable to find where it is saving the file, you may want to copy the file manually to the device by hooking the USB up to a computer.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I was able to make that work. I downloaded the Dropbox app for Android, then shared a single folder I'll use for that purpose. I had to go one stop further by "exporting" it from the Dropbox folder to the Downloads folder in order of Practiscore to see the file. Then it worked as you noted.

Regards,
Chas.

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”