Advice wanted:Learning mobile app development

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Advice wanted:Learning mobile app development

Post by G.A. Heath »

Some background: I had a really great idea, and I planned to give it to someone along with some proof of concept. Unfortunately I never got around to learning what i needed to do the proof of concept so I went ahead and gave the idea to the intended party. Now I feel like I should have done more.

I have a very dated background in programming with knowledge of Pascal, C/C++, PHP, and limited experience with a few other more specialized languages.

I am still wanting to work on developing atleast one mobile app (IOS and Android) but I need some advice on reading material to get me started. I want to start with IOS and then move on to Android so what do you reccomend?
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Advice wanted:Learning mobile app development

Post by Jusme »

Sorry, I can't help I never got my VCR figured out before they became obsolete. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

remanifest
Posts in topic: 1

Post by remanifest »

Swift is very simple, and there's a free book on the iTunes store: http://www.apple.com/swift/
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G.A. Heath »

I appreciate the advice, I have not had time to pursue much as of late. I had to go out of town for an non-firearm issue and while between appointments I had time to browse a gun show. Sad when I don't even have time for gun shows, podcasting, or anything else. Hopefully I will get sometime this weekend to do something more than eat, sleep, work.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”