GL.iNet GL-MT300N V2 smart router

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

GL.iNet GL-MT300N V2 smart router

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This is a long shot, a very long shot! Does anyone have experience using the GL.iNet GL-MT300N mini smart router in a VPN application? It comes pre-configured with severl VPN applications including OpenVPN that I'm using with a VPS (Spartan Host VPN). I've loaded the client script, but I keep getting error messages that it cannot connect with the server. I know the scrips are good because I've tested them with OpenVPN for windows and I can ping the server. (Someone else has tested the scripts as well.)

I've tried using it behind my Tenda router and straight out of the modem.

Since the scripts are good, I presume it's a setting in the router, but I don't know which setting.

Any ideas?
Chas.

strogg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: GL.iNet GL-MT300N V2 smart router

Post by strogg »

Couple questions. Are you using the right port? And is this a user-locked profile or the server profile? I haven't used that router before, but the type of profile you import may make a difference to it. Oh, and last super silly question, but I gotta ask. Did you get the hostname right? It actually does matter that it's the same hostname as in the client file and not an alternative or the IP address.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: GL.iNet GL-MT300N V2 smart router

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I fixed it by assigning static LAN IP addresses to each client on the VPS. I didn't expect that.

Chas.

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”