How to Get A CHL For Non-Immigrant Aliens & Foreigners

DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION! Post CHL related questions in the General CHL Discussion subforum. This is a resource subforum for people to check before submitting their CHL Application. Also, RECIPROCITY MAP!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 4

Re: How to Get A CHL For Non-Immigrant Aliens & Foreigners

Post by Killadocg23 »

Box wrote:Yes sir, I have the temporary green card. Applying right now for my permeant gc
I have a question when you applied for Adjustment of status for the question that asks did you receive any weapons training did you put yes and explain you had a CHL? You can PM me if you would like. Very interested in your answer.

Box
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Box »

Killadocg23 wrote:
Box wrote:Yes sir, I have the temporary green card. Applying right now for my permeant gc
I have a question when you applied for Adjustment of status for the question that asks did you receive any weapons training did you put yes and explain you had a CHL? You can PM me if you would like. Very interested in your answer.
I answered yes. I included CHL and also my time in the Singapore army. Both would easily turn up with little digging, I answered truthfully as both were not worth hiding or withholding.
28 Sept 2013 Class completed, 29 Jan 2014 Plastic received.

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

Box wrote:
Killadocg23 wrote:
I answered yes. I included CHL and also my time in the Singapore army. Both would easily turn up with little digging, I answered truthfully as both were not worth hiding or withholding.
Thanks man just was curious if a CHL was weapons training !

Box
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Box »

CHL/LTC seems more of a licensing than anything else, getting instruction and knowing how to shoot may be considered weapons training.

6 or half a dozen. Both lead to the same conclusion for me (not a lawyer and should not be considered lawful advice.)
28 Sept 2013 Class completed, 29 Jan 2014 Plastic received.

Killadocg23

Post by Killadocg23 »

Box wrote:CHL/LTC seems more of a licensing than anything else, getting instruction and knowing how to shoot may be considered weapons training.

6 or half a dozen. Both lead to the same conclusion for me (not a lawyer and should not be considered lawful advice.)
I agree but just was seeing if any one who had a LTC and was doing the immigration process had any info about selecting yes for weapons training and if it was a problem or were they asked about it during their interview.

Return to “CHL Checklist”