30.06 Map Mobile App?

Links to various government agengices, resources & statutes, and non-governmental CHL-related links

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
MWHoward
Posts in topic: 4

30.06 Map Mobile App?

Post by MWHoward »

My apologies if this has been addressed before. I did a search, but only over the last 6 months.

Is there an iPhone/Android app (I use iPhone) out there that would take the information from this site and overlay it on a map, so that we could see which places in our area are 30.06 compliant or not? I'm not talking about making this site moblie-friendly. I'm talking about opening up a map, finding my current location or any other specifiec location, and having green (pro-CHL), yellow (for signage but not legal), and red (for legal 30.06) pins show up around the map. For a mental image, think Google Maps when you search for "McDonalds" or "Starbucks." Updates could be user-submitted.

Basically, I'm looking for a way to know what places I cannot go, without typing each one individually into the search box, or already being there looking for signage.

Thanks!

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 30.06 Map Mobile App?

Post by Keith B »

MWHoward wrote:My apologies if this has been addressed before. I did a search, but only over the last 6 months.

Is there an iPhone/Android app (I use iPhone) out there that would take the information from this site and overlay it on a map, so that we could see which places in our area are 30.06 compliant or not? I'm not talking about making this site moblie-friendly. I'm talking about opening up a map, finding my current location or any other specifiec location, and having green (pro-CHL), yellow (for signage but not legal), and red (for legal 30.06) pins show up around the map. For a mental image, think Google Maps when you search for "McDonalds" or "Starbucks." Updates could be user-submitted.

Basically, I'm looking for a way to know what places I cannot go, without typing each one individually into the search box, or already being there looking for signage.

Thanks!
We had worked on a map before at http://www.texas3006.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, just never released it. I will go back and see where we stand on getting a link set up.

Just remember, texas3006.com only has those locaitons that are actually trying to post a 30.06 type of sign, not gun buster or 'No Firearms Allowed' signs. They also list 51% locaitons that have been reported to the site.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Kadelic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Kadelic »

I can vividly imagine what you mean and AFAIK no app like that exists. I'm sure you're familiar with this website: http://texas3006.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It would be awesome to have the info from their database plugged into a nice mobile app.

I found the Gun Free Zone app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gun-fre ... mpt=uo%3D4 which is user supported. This means that only the users of the app report specific places that are pro or anti-gun. By the name it seems obviously anti but you can also report places as being gun friendly. Obviously it doesn't give info about validity of signs, etc. Almost not even worth mentioning I reckon. :oops:

More info in this article: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03 ... dly-zones/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: I don't have an Android device to try this app out but thos that do might look at this: http://texaschlapp.com/locations.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Honor Necessity

mewalke
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mewalke »

Kadelic wrote:I can vividly imagine what you mean and AFAIK no app like that exists. I'm sure you're familiar with this website: http://texas3006.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It would be awesome to have the info from their database plugged into a nice mobile app.

I found the Gun Free Zone app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gun-fre ... mpt=uo%3D4 which is user supported. This means that only the users of the app report specific places that are pro or anti-gun. By the name it seems obviously anti but you can also report places as being gun friendly. Obviously it doesn't give info about validity of signs, etc. Almost not even worth mentioning I reckon. :oops:

More info in this article: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03 ... dly-zones/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: I don't have an Android device to try this app out but thos that do might look at this: http://texaschlapp.com/locations.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have used the Gun Free Zone app for a few weeks, but I can tell you that there is close to NO pre-existing info for the DFW area. I have tried to update as I remember but I think it will be a long time before there is any useful info available in that app.

Kadelic

Post by Kadelic »

Russell wrote:Hi all,

We do have both a map and a mobile app in the works - just takes time to get this stuff out since no one is getting paid to work on it :mrgreen:

Since the map has been requested several times now I'll put it at the top of my list to finish - it is about 95% done. Just down to color schemes needing to be chosen and the information laid out in an easily readable way for the info window that pops up when you click on a pushpin.
That is great news! Will it be for both iOS and Android? :tiphat:
Honor Necessity

Topic author
MWHoward
Posts in topic: 4

Post by MWHoward »

We do have both a map and a mobile app in the works - just takes time to get this stuff out since no one is getting paid to work on it :mrgreen:

Since the map has been requested several times now I'll put it at the top of my list to finish - it is about 95% done. Just down to color schemes needing to be chosen and the information laid out in an easily readable way for the info window that pops up when you click on a pushpin.
GREAT! :woohoo

tornado

Post by tornado »

Sounds good. If you want some testers to side load it before submitting it to the official stores, you know where to find us. :txflag:

mewalke
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mewalke »

tornado wrote:Sounds good. If you want some testers to side load it before submitting it to the official stores, you know where to find us. :txflag:

I agree would be more than happy to test and supply notes/feedback.

Kadelic

Post by Kadelic »

mewalke wrote:
tornado wrote:Sounds good. If you want some testers to side load it before submitting it to the official stores, you know where to find us. :txflag:

I agree would be more than happy to test and supply notes/feedback.
Count me in too!
Honor Necessity

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

:clapping:

FormerTSgt

Post by FormerTSgt »

I'd be willing to beta-test it as well if you need volunteers.
Former TSgt USAF Security Forces
Iraq Vet

txducks

Post by txducks »

:iagree:
DAV - Life Member

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

This is an awesome idea!!
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Return to “Government resources & CHL-related links”