CHL application can't authenticate my information

Links to various government agengices, resources & statutes, and non-governmental CHL-related links

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Teamsmeltzer
Posts in topic: 2

CHL application can't authenticate my information

Post by Teamsmeltzer »

When I go to the state of Texas website to start my CHL application, the first page that pops up after I click apply is the "Customer authentication" page. I put in all my info and an error comes up saying they do not recognize me in their system. Any ideas why this is happening and how do I fix it?

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL application can't authenticate my information

Post by ELB »

When I was doing my renewal online a couple months ago, I emailed with some questions and I got very quick responses, some of them after normal business hours. I would send them an email. Probably nobody there on Sunday, but if my experience holds true for you, then good chance you will hear back tomorrow (Monday).

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
Teamsmeltzer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Teamsmeltzer »

We are excited we found this forum and thank you for your response :)

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

Teamsmeltzer wrote:When I go to the state of Texas website to start my CHL application, the first page that pops up after I click apply is the "Customer authentication" page. I put in all my info and an error comes up saying they do not recognize me in their system. Any ideas why this is happening and how do I fix it?
I had that problem every time I tried to check progress. I don't know why it happens but I had filed an application before I moved, using my CA address and D/L number. The Texas address and D/L number didn't match of course. I called, spoke to a very helpful rep, Wendy, IIRC, and she got them hooked together. That didn't fix the website issue, still couldn't check progress, but I kept sending in forms, filling out their contact form online, and calling. E-mails direct don't work but using comments in the submit forms page does.

For a government system, it seems to work pretty well.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Ralph_8

Post by Ralph_8 »

Thanks for the information!

jbarn

Post by jbarn »

Teamsmeltzer wrote:When I go to the state of Texas website to start my CHL application, the first page that pops up after I click apply is the "Customer authentication" page. I put in all my info and an error comes up saying they do not recognize me in their system. Any ideas why this is happening and how do I fix it?
Is this your application for an initial license? Be sure you are following the correct links, then be sure you are following the correct format for info. Be sure to use an 8 digit DL number, no dashes in the SS number and follow the mm/dd/yyyy format for your date of birth.
Texas CHL Instructor
Texas DPS Certified Private Security Classroom and Firearms Instructor
TCLEOSE Instructor (now TCOLE)

Return to “Government resources & CHL-related links”