Background checks sent to employers?

Links to various government agengices, resources & statutes, and non-governmental CHL-related links

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SigP938extreme
Posts in topic: 4

Background checks sent to employers?

Post by SigP938extreme »

I submitted my chl application and in the affidavit section had a section on sending
My bg check to my employers.
I have an arrest 20 yrs plus but charges were dropped and dismissed.
I'm now nervous that my employer of 12 yrs will get this finger print background check
And let me go.
I haven't done the fingerprint part, I'm delaying that until I can make sure that
My bg can stay within my app purposes.
Is there a way to change that or should I just take the 140 I paid as a loss and move on since
there is no refund.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Background checks sent to employers?

Post by Jumping Frog »

DPS is prohibited by law from sharing that CHL background information with your employer.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Crossfire »

I am not sure what you thought you read, but your CHL background check is never sent to your employer. Do to the Privacy of Information Act, your employer cannot find out that you have even applied for a CHL - that is, unless you work for a law enforcement agency.

Perhaps you misread the "Release of Records" affidavit. That is for you to authorize DPS to perform a background check for CHL purposes, but not for them to release those records to anyone else.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
SigP938extreme

Post by SigP938extreme »

What about morpho trust finger print background chk
There was an area where I had to input my employer info.

"I authorize the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) to access Texas and Federal criminal history record information that pertains to me and disseminate that information to the designated Authorized Agency or Qualified Entity with which I am or am seeking to be employed or to serve as a volunteer, through the DPS Fingerprint-based Applicant Clearinghouse of Texas and as authorized by Texas Government Code Chapter 411 and any other applicable state or federal statute or policy. "

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I don't think that apples to CHL application. I think it applies to when you are getting fingerprints for a background check required by a current or potential employer to whom you've applied.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
SigP938extreme

Post by SigP938extreme »

If I input my employers info, won't the send the FBI BG chk to them?

EEllis
Banned

Post by EEllis »

SigP938extreme wrote:If I input my employers info, won't the send the FBI BG chk to them?
Nope. The state does the BG check not Morpho

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Crossfire »

SigP938extreme wrote:What about morpho trust finger print background chk
There was an area where I had to input my employer info.

"I authorize the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) to access Texas and Federal criminal history record information that pertains to me and disseminate that information to the designated Authorized Agency or Qualified Entity with which I am or am seeking to be employed or to serve as a volunteer, through the DPS Fingerprint-based Applicant Clearinghouse of Texas and as authorized by Texas Government Code Chapter 411 and any other applicable state or federal statute or policy. "
This is a waiver allowing DPS to send the background info to the Authorized Agency. In the case of CHL, it goes to DPS. It does not go to your employer. This is a generic waiver for ALL purposes that fingerprints are taken. CHL is only one of the many reasons a person can be fingerprinted at MorphoTrust. Most commonly, fingerprints are taken for a background check for someone applying for a job. Hence, the generic language.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
SigP938extreme

Post by SigP938extreme »

Thanks for the info

Return to “Government resources & CHL-related links”