What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Cruz is out.

Post by flintknapper »

Respectfully, I can't. I refuse to be responsible for everything Trump will do,
As I see it, the only thing we are 'responsible' for....is making certain Hillary does not get elected POTUS.

No one would be responsible for "everything" any sitting president might or might not do anyway.

I voted Cruz and have my reservations about Trump....but I will support Trump and ask others to carefully consider doing the same.

I expect to see some significant changes in Trump in the coming months, so lets calm down and see what develops.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

How has Trump insulted and offended so many, many people and yet they keep coming back like young Oliver saying "Please, suh, I want some muh."?

Yes, I'll vote in November, I'll vote for the Republican ticket because that person will be the one who will be the most likely to win who will have the most values in common with me. However, I will meanwhile continue to search for my private island. ;-)
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

baldeagle wrote:
Keith B wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
ELB wrote:I am not surprised, but I am downhearted. We are well and truly screwed.
Yep... I was holding out hope that for the first time in my life (I'm 37), I'd be able to vote for someone rather than merely voting against someone else.

Time to start looking at 3rd party candidates, I guess.
And the perfect way to GARUNTEE Hillary is our next POTUS. :banghead:
No! The Trumpsters do NOT get to hang that on us. You made your bed. Now you will lay in it. Trump was never going to beat Hillary, and any sentient person should have known that. He has no principles, so what on earth did you expect him to do if elected?

That's all I'm going to say on this topic, because anything else would get me banned. Don't bother responding to me, because I will not be back to respond. I'm done.
See it or not, respond or not, "Trumpsters" aren't the only ones stating the undeniable truth. If Trump isn't elected, Hillary will be President with all that entails. I supported Cruz, but facts are facts.

Chas.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
Keith B wrote:
Dave2 wrote:
ELB wrote:I am not surprised, but I am downhearted. We are well and truly screwed.
Yep... I was holding out hope that for the first time in my life (I'm 37), I'd be able to vote for someone rather than merely voting against someone else.

Time to start looking at 3rd party candidates, I guess.
And the perfect way to GARUNTEE Hillary is our next POTUS. :banghead:
No! The Trumpsters do NOT get to hang that on us. You made your bed. Now you will lay in it. Trump was never going to beat Hillary, and any sentient person should have known that. He has no principles, so what on earth did you expect him to do if elected?

That's all I'm going to say on this topic, because anything else would get me banned. Don't bother responding to me, because I will not be back to respond. I'm done.
See it or not, respond or not, "Trumpsters" aren't the only ones stating the undeniable truth. If Trump isn't elected, Hillary will be President with all that entails. I supported Cruz, but facts are facts.

Chas.
:iagree:

This nation has suffered mightily for the last 7+ years. Another 4 of the same sort of thing, which is what Hillary represents, would be the true death knell.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

Trump said and did anything (including destroying the GOP) to win the primary elections.
Trump will say and do anything (including destroying the conservatism and the GOP) to win the general elections.

Trump is a theatrical jester, no more no less. No principles at all.

If Trump would win, He will try to do havoc, but would be leashed by Dems.
If Hillary would win, with a split congress another 4 yrs of do nothing, and waste time.
If Hillary would win, with a total majority (as in 2008) then US is turned to another EU-style country.

Pick your poison pill.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Weg

Post by Weg »

I voted for Cruz, I supported Cruz. I think lowly of both Trump and Mrs. Clinton. That being said, i'll be voting for the one that I think least lowly of, which is Trump. Some things in life I refuse to be pragmatic in, Presidential elections has never been one of them.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
flowrie wrote:I believe it will come down to who does not vote. How many Republicans will not vote vs. how many Democrats will not vote. I voted for Cruz and had great hope that he would prevail. I will now vote for Trump. I may not know what he will or will not do, but I know exactly what Hillary will do. What Hillary will do is unacceptable. It's that simple. If you do not vote, then you indirectly vote for Hillary, at least you can feel good about yourself when she confiscates your firearms. It's that simple.
Cruz was my guy too. I can't get who I want, but I'll do everything in my power to prevent Clinton from completing the destruction of my country. That can be done only by supporting and voting for Trump.

Chas.
Yep, sums up where I am right now.

jed

Post by jed »

People this is a gun forum. Gun ownership should be one of the top 2 or 3 (if not number 1) concerns in this election. I ask you who wants to model American gun ownership after Australia and who says he fully supports 2A and the right to carry?

Hillary is pretty outspoken about what she wants to do with our guns. Deciding which one of these two to vote for should be a no brainier for any sane gun owner.

As long as we have our guns, this country has not totally gone down the rabbit hole.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

The only thing I will say on this subject is that Trump has less EXPERIANCE than the current disaster in the White House! How so many people have been fooled is just beyond me. I can't stand to even hear his voice. Willi hold my noise and vote for a complete disaster such as Trump, I don't know. I think Hillary is going to mop the floor with him when all is said and done, the man has no substance. I feel betrayed by the GOP for allowing this to happen. Trump is the best this party has to offer? A man with no EXPERIANCE and no voting record of what his real convictions are? All I keep hearing from folks is HOPE that Trump will be good for the GOP. Hope won't get you much more than a temporary good feeling and disappointment at the end.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Liberty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Liberty »

I have never voted fpr a Democrat since I started voting in 1972 I don't know if I have enough stomach to change my record and vote for Trump this November. Americans have been reduced from choosing the best .. to choosing the least of to evils. All the remaining choices are evil
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

mayor

Post by mayor »

mrvmax wrote:I'll wait for a few months then say I told you so to all the Trumpsters that drank the Kool Aid. I still do not understand how so many people have been fooled by Trump.
I think it is more 'tired of the same ole, same ole flavored Kool Aid' than being fooled by Trump. To me, the last 5 election cycles have been a choice between pasture apples and pasture patties.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Right2Carry wrote:The only thing I will say on this subject is that Trump has less EXPERIANCE than the current disaster in the White House! How so many people have been fooled is just beyond me. I can't stand to even hear his voice. Willi hold my noise and vote for a complete disaster such as Trump, I don't know. I think Hillary is going to mop the floor with him when all is said and done, the man has no substance. I feel betrayed by the GOP for allowing this to happen. Trump is the best this party has to offer? A man with no EXPERIANCE and no voting record of what his real convictions are? All I keep hearing from folks is HOPE that Trump will be good for the GOP. Hope won't get you much more than a temporary good feeling and disappointment at the end.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Trump doesn't believe in anything that doesn't have his name on it. We know Hillary is rabidly against the 2A. Trump's only pro-2A (or anything else) for it as long as it's politically expedient and that should scare the stuffing out of you.

This says it better than I can, but I haven't gotten to that last part yet.

"Donald Trump is unfit to be president. He’s a braggart and a liar. And a serial adulterer. He’s behaved shamefully during the primary campaign. He wouldn’t recognize the Constitution if he tripped over it in the street. He doesn’t know even the Cliff Notes version of any policy issue. The idea that the party of Lincoln and Reagan, Coolidge and Eisenhower, Justice Harlan and Senator Taft has nominated Trump is appalling.

And I’m going to vote for him anyway."

- Mark Krikorian in National Review Online.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

TEXXX

Post by TEXXX »

As I sit here now trying to decide on whether or not to vote for Trump or not vote at all I wonder if it has sunk in to the Republican leadership that they are COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE for this mess were in or if they even care :mad5

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

I suppose I can vote a straight Republican ticket, and forget it includes Trump. :banghead:
Charlie

Return to “Federal”