I voted!

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

slowpoke
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I voted!

Post by slowpoke »

The Wife and I voted this afternoon. The polling place was very busy.
CHL 2002
NRA life member
TSRA Endowment member
TWA member

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

sbrawley wrote:As we were walking out of our polling location after voting, my wife and I had a conversation with someone who was sitting outside trying to get votes for a republican judge. She stated that she was randomly asking people if they cared to say who they voted for, and she has one lady say Clinton so she asked why. The lady said because Trump offended her with the "locker room" talk. The woman then asked, "so you're willing to have corruption in the white house rather than offensive words". They lady thought for a minute, and said yeah. We just stood there shaking our heads. :banghead: :blowup

If this is the thinking of the younger generation, this country is in serious trouble.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

JRG

Post by JRG »

The missus and I are doing the early voting thing Wednesday morning.

Joe

John Galt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by John Galt »

I voted in the morning, then went about my day. Several people commented on my I voted stick,r and as it turned out, all were voting for Trump.

infoman

Post by infoman »

Everyone will say I'm a troll, but I'm voting democrat. I've been a proud member of this forum since 2009 & hope to continue a long time to come. I have an LTC & have a good friend that works for DPS, also my stepdad was an instructor until recently. I don't particularly care for either candidate & I think there were much better candidates in the primaries. But, I do lean left & I do think we're better off with her vs Trump. I support strict gun laws, but I also know (100% know) that Texas will continue to have an LTC & nothing will change that. The 2nd amendment will never be "done away with", No president is history has or ever will do away with the 2nd amendment. that's my 2 cents. Bash away at me.

drjoker
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by drjoker »

Did she watch the 2nd debate? My wife wouldn't vote Trump, either, until she watched the 2nd debate. It's on youtube.
Beiruty wrote:My wife refused to vote this time, Trump was not helpful.
P.S. This election has been especially crazy, more so than any other election I can remember. I don't like Trump, even though I voted for him. I had some criticisms of him and for that, some of my conservative friends unfriended me. My liberal friends unfriended me because I ended up voting for Trump. I have no friends anymore. LOL.

Why is everyone so closed minded? I mean, I understand if a liberal is getting free Obamacare benefits so she votes for HIllary. I can respect self-preservation. However, most Democrats (& Republicans, too) would still vote for the candidate of their party, even if he/she was recorded on video stabbing to death a bus load of toddlers. (or in HIllary's case, an Embassy full of Americans!)

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

infoman wrote:Everyone will say I'm a troll, but I'm voting democrat. I've been a proud member of this forum since 2009 & hope to continue a long time to come. I have an LTC & have a good friend that works for DPS, also my stepdad was an instructor until recently. I don't particularly care for either candidate & I think there were much better candidates in the primaries. But, I do lean left & I do think we're better off with her vs Trump. I support strict gun laws, but I also know (100% know) that Texas will continue to have an LTC & nothing will change that. The 2nd amendment will never be "done away with", No president is history has or ever will do away with the 2nd amendment. that's my 2 cents. Bash away at me.
My question is, "Are you towing the party line or have you EVER voted Republican before?"

I'm a Republican but I've voted Democrat on occasion. I can respect a well thought out decision but I cannot respect a brainless person who tows the party line and will vote for whoever their party throws at them. No, I'm not going to bash you, but I would appreciate an answer to my question.

BTW, don't be so sure about the 2nd amendment being safe forever. Take a look at all the other countries in the world. NOBODY else has a 2nd amendment. Guns are banned everywhere. Switzerland used to have gun freedom, but no more. All guns have to be licensed, you have to provide a reason (self defense is NOT a valid reason), and no concealed carry. Australia USED to have gun freedom, but it's now gone forever. Same for Britain. The EU has taken sovereignty away from all European nations and imposed firearms restriction laws. We are the anomaly not the rule and our freedom hangs in a precarious balance.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

infoman wrote:Everyone will say I'm a troll, but I'm voting democrat. I've been a proud member of this forum since 2009 & hope to continue a long time to come. I have an LTC & have a good friend that works for DPS, also my stepdad was an instructor until recently. I don't particularly care for either candidate & I think there were much better candidates in the primaries. But, I do lean left & I do think we're better off with her vs Trump. I support strict gun laws, but I also know (100% know) that Texas will continue to have an LTC & nothing will change that. The 2nd amendment will never be "done away with", No president is history has or ever will do away with the 2nd amendment. that's my 2 cents. Bash away at me.
No, they don't "do away with" the 2nd Amendment, they chip away at it until it has no more meaning than the 4th or 5th Amendments have anymore. Do you seriously think, as of today, that the 4th Amendment actually protects your right to be secure in your person, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, in a world in which civil asset forfeiture exists, in which your right to privacy is nonexistent, in which your personal medical records are now controlled by an overarching fedgov't (a democrat idea, by the way) instead of by just you and your doctor, etc., etc., etc.?

THAT is how leftist (and some RINO) politicians "do away with" the 2nd Amendment. They chip away at it until it is no longer really respected in the breach as an individual right. YOUR candidate has already promised to do exactly that, but you're OK with it? Frankly, that's bovine manure, and you are deceived about the security of your rights under Hillary Clinton. She has publicly declared that she thinks the Court got it wrong in Heller when it declared the 2nd Amendment to be an individual right. She has publicly promised to appoint SCOTUS justices who will vote to reverse Heller (and McDonald) if they can get a case before them..........and don't you believe for ONE MINUTE that Hillary Clinton won't make it a point to assign her "Justice" Dept to find a case to get before the court so that she can get Heller slapped down. Why? Because she has already promised to do just that!!!

On the day that she appoints SCOTUS justices who are guaranteed to overturn Heller and McDonald, I flat DARE you to come back here and defend your vote. I'm not going to call you stupid, or a traitor, or any of that kind of bloviating, but I AM going to say that you are badly deceived, having placed your faith in a fundamentally evil person, and say that your vote for Clinton indicates a deliberate unwillingness to consider the facts of both her record and her spoken word, as well as the history of democrat abuses of the Constitution throughout the entire 20th and 21st centuries to date. You have scales over your eyes.
:roll:

Personally, if I were in your shoes, I would be ashamed to come back here say within a year of a Clinton victory and try to defend your vote, because in terms of the 2nd Amendment, it will prove to have been indefensible. However, it is your right to be wrong as hades. I hope you enjoy every bitter drop of the results if she wins.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

I picked up Jusme Jr. and we went to the polls yesterday afternoon. We had a great discussion, on the way, regarding the two presidential candidates. Jusme Jr., as most of you know is a recent Eagle Scout, and this was his first opportunity to vote in a national election. We talked about the Second Amendment, and HRC plan to enact more gun control measures, banning so called "assault" weapons,etc. I even pointed out how the media has helped foment her campaign, by now calling them "weapons of war"

I told him he was his own man now, and could vote for whomever he chose, he said he had been reading a lot about both candidates, and he couldn't see how HRC had been allowed to get away with the things she had done. He said he really didn't know too much about Trump, but that he at least didn't have any baggage. (paraphrased)
He is too young to remember "Slick Willy" but I went over some of the repulsive things that were done during that administration, and how HRC was at the very heart of most of the decision making.

We both went and voted, and afterward, he said he had voted straight Republican. :anamatedbanana

He just keeps making me proud!! :patriot:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

allisji
Posts in topic: 6

Post by allisji »

Posted this on the Rock The Vote thread. Decided to post it here as well.
went yesterday after work in Pasadena.

I got in line outside at about 5:10, got indoors about about 6:15, Got to the voting machine about 7:10. I decided that I would present my LTC as ID to see how the check-in person would respond. I was polite and said "good evening" then I presented my LTC. She asked me if I had my driver's license, and I said "yes, I do." She asked if I minded if she used that instead, and I said "not at all". So I took back my LTC and handed over my driver's license. I wonder if I was the first person she'd seen try to vote using an LTC. Either way, I wasn't going to question her or argue that it is valid ID. She had a sign right in front of her that showed images of all 7 types of valid photo ID. So I know that she knew that it was valid.

There were probably 150 people still in line behind me. One woman had on a Hillary hat. I didn't see any other political clothes.

I thought that it was interesting that at the entrance they had a tiny sign with tiny print that said that cell phones were prohibited. They had one lady inside the building telling people not to use their phones. Lots of people still on their phones anyway... One man asked her why, and she said "because it's the law".

As soon as I got in line the man in front of me looked at me and said "you look like you must be a republican". I was a little stunned, and jokingly said "well, that's none of your business", but yes I am voting republican. He was a union working, retirement eligible, pre-Vietnam marine corps veteran lifelong democrat and told me that this was the first election that he had ever registered as a republican and was voting for a republican. He said that in 2012, his union pretty much told them who to vote for and he went along with it, but later decided that it was a big mistake. Just an anecdote, but I know that there was at least two Trump voters and at least one Hillary voter there.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mojo84 »

I'll ask you the question again that you ignored in the other threads.

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... 0#p1112810

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... &start=120 .

http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... 5&start=45

Beyond just saying "she is the one best qualified for the job", specifically what accomplishments and policy positions make her your preferred candidate?

What has she done or what positions, specifically, makes her your preferred choice?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

You are free to vote the way you want. No hard feelings. Otherwise, it would not be the land of the free. :patriot:
On the other hand, you voted for a person who committed federal crimes, lied about it to the US people, US congress and the whole world. Stored, sent and received classified information on un-classified (non-protected) system. Provided classified info to non-cleared personnel (Her IT guys and her lawyers)Finally, deleted said classified information. Worse those who deleted the classified information were given immunity from prosecution.
If this smell kosher to you? then you are dwelling in a pig feeding pit :ack: :ack: :ack: :ack:
Last edited by Beiruty on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Yesterday, I did a blood test at 0715, got back home and we both voted at 0830, got in the truck and pulled the RV toward the Ozarks. Along the way, Martha received her Cardiologist's blessing and I got a notice that my Mg levels were normal for the first-time in a year.Oh Happy Day! We'll probably be back next month?

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

You always point out how knowledgeable you are about everything concerning LTC and 2nd Amendment in Texas, "friends in DPS", etc.
You are basically a broken record, saying the same things over and over without being able to articulate reasonable arguments for your positions and do not answer questions put to you by people on this forum who don't agree with your statements.
For these reasons I will not "bash away" at you - I will simply ignore you and anything you have to say on this forum in the future.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Federal”