I voted!

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Re: I voted!

Post by mojo84 »

drjoker wrote:Yup. I would've been more than happy to vote for Sanders over Trump because Sanders is pro 2nd-A (as much as a liberal can be) and he is not a misogynist nor a possible racist. However, the media has been very unfair to Trump. I reviewed his supposed comment saying Mexicans are racists and it is not true but taken out of context: https://youtu.be/uo-7ISmwAi0?t=1m14s. He pointed out to his Mexican audience that he does not mean "you" and "you" when saying that "some" (not all) Mexicans that Mexico sends us (not the ones that run across the border of their own accord. The Government of Mexico sends these people to us) are rapists and criminals. He might be a misogynist or it could be just a bit of locker room machismo.

However, Sanders is NOT on the ballot but Trump is.

I dislike Trump. I think he has verbal diarrhoea. However, I will vote for him. Why? For the first time in modern history, we have a candidate who is PRO AMERICAN AND POPULIST. He told GM that he'd raise a 35% tax on GM cars built in Mexico if they shut down any more American factories. NO POLITICIAN REPUBLICAN NOR DEMOCRAT HAS EVER DARED SAY THIS.

A vote for Trump is a vote for America the beautiful. A vote for Hillary is a vote for globalist corporations, biased mass media, corrupt politicians, and foreign influence, wall street and everyone else who has milked the middle class dry. If you have $1000 in your piggy bank, give 1/2 of it to the Trump campaign NOW or America will no longer be America. Globalists have given the Hillary campaign 500 million directly and many more billions indirectly via social engineering movies, other media, and super PACs. I invite you ACT NOW. God bless America.

Who do you think pays the 35% import tax? Do you think the president has the power to establish an import tax targeting certain companies? There are plenty other reasons to vote Trump but those aren't the best because he has little chance getting such an import tax passed.

Protectionism isn't the answer. The answer is reduce corporate taxes and the cost of doing business in the United States so we can compete with other countries. As a business owner, taxes, regulations and government mandates are about to drive me out of business.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

John Galt wrote:
infoman wrote:Everyone will say I'm a troll, but I'm voting democrat. I've been a proud member of this forum since 2009 & hope to continue a long time to come. I have an LTC & have a good friend that works for DPS, also my stepdad was an instructor until recently. I don't particularly care for either candidate & I think there were much better candidates in the primaries. But, I do lean left & I do think we're better off with her vs Trump. I support strict gun laws, but I also know (100% know) that Texas will continue to have an LTC & nothing will change that. The 2nd amendment will never be "done away with", No president is history has or ever will do away with the 2nd amendment. that's my 2 cents. Bash away at me.
In my early voting life I voted Democrat, and was very involved in the party. I changed my affiliation to Republican as soon as I realized that the Democrat party was becoming the American Communist Party, and I have never looked back.
I might add that at one time there were conservative Democrats in Texas.
Ditto. I was a registered democrat from 1970 to 1994, and a registered republican from 1994 to 2012. I'm an independent today. And just to make myself sound like infoman, "I probably know more about everything than most members of this forum. Because I said so, and that's all you need to know." :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

infoman wrote:. . . I support strict gun laws, but I also know (100% know) that Texas will continue to have an LTC & nothing will change that.
I know you wrote that you have an LTC, but the above-quoted statement makes it appear that you would prefer that the LTC law be repealed and Texans not be able to carry handguns. Is that your opinion?

Chas.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mojo84 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
infoman wrote:. . . I support strict gun laws, but I also know (100% know) that Texas will continue to have an LTC & nothing will change that.
I know you wrote that you have an LTC, but the above-quoted statement makes it appear that you would prefer that the LTC law be repealed and Texans not be able to carry handguns. Is that your opinion?

Chas.

He's not much for responding to legitimate questions.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Nano

Post by Nano »

Yesterday my wife and I voted using our LTC cards. When my wife handed the lady checking her in her LTC card she grinned and said "Well look at you". Nice response. We voted straight deplorable.
NRA Member

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mxrdad »

mojo84 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

He's not much for responding to legitimate questions.
Because there are no legitimate answers. Plain ans simple.
Just some guy's opinion.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 3

Post by oljames3 »

Nano wrote:Yesterday my wife and I voted using our LTC cards. When my wife handed the lady checking her in her LTC card she grinned and said "Well look at you". Nice response. We voted straight deplorable.
My wife and I are also deplorables who used our CHL cards as ID for voting. No issues in Elgin.
Next Presidential election, we will use our LTC cards. :txflag:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

oljames3 wrote:Next Presidential election, we will use our LTC cards. :txflag:

Who's going to be running for President of Texas?

I'm sort of hoping for Chuck Norris.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Nano wrote:Yesterday my wife and I voted using our LTC cards. When my wife handed the lady checking her in her LTC card she grinned and said "Well look at you". Nice response. We voted straight deplorable.
I thought they struck down the voter ID law (serious question). I would be very pleased to learn that you actually do need an ID to vote.

Hot Dawg

Post by Hot Dawg »

Got mine done today, line was long at City Hall but I had some business with the city manager & when I got done there were 4 people ahead of me.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

KD5NRH wrote:
oljames3 wrote:Next Presidential election, we will use our LTC cards. :txflag:
Who's going to be running for President of Texas?

I'm sort of hoping for Chuck Norris.
We'd have to confer honorary citizenship on him first. He's from (in hushed voice) "Oklahoma". :shock:

But then, he IS Chuck Norris, so all he has to do is grab the Red River bank, drag the river up north of his ranchhouse, and he's good to go. "rlol"
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

longhorn86

Post by longhorn86 »

Mrs Deplorable and I cast our votes this afternoon. Both used our LTC's as ID, the clerk I had said "Oh, these don't scan." and had to enter the number manually. I just smiled and moved on to cast my ballot.
NRA Life Member

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Today when I went to pick up my little girl, I passed by a polling location in Waco. There was a line wrapped around the building. I still hope that the rally attendance is an indication of which person everybody is showing up to vote for.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

jason812 wrote:Today when I went to pick up my little girl, I passed by a polling location in Waco. There was a line wrapped around the building. I still hope that the rally attendance is an indication of which person everybody is showing up to vote for.
Amen Brother. This election is the most horrifying election that I know of. Stakes are huge.
Just some guy's opinion.

twjones

Post by twjones »

Texas sees surge in early voting as polls show tightening race
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10 ... -race.html

Thoughts? Concerns?

Return to “Federal”