H.R.38: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: H.R.38: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act

Post by spectre »

carlson1 wrote:I thought “negotiations” required both sides to give something up?
Like the National Firearms Act and the Munich Agreement.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

NNT
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NNT »

bigtek wrote:
Jay2121 wrote:We eat our own don’t we. For goodness sake turn on Trump and get a liberal.
If by "we" you mean Republicans, that's nothing new. The Republican Party has been biting the hands that feed them a long time. The only surprise is how many keep feeding the ungrateful beast.
I voted for trump because Hillarys was such a disaster. But I never trusted him. There is nothing he does not waffle on. Whatever sounds good to the audience in front of him is what he will say. He has no loyalty, even to his own word. The only thing he has ever been worried about is himself. Winning is all that matters to him, even if it means switching sides and claiming that was his side all along. i don’t listen to his speeches or statements because they will change in a day or two.

I am hoping for a different option in 2020 than a dem or trump.

imkopaka

Post by imkopaka »

NNT wrote:
bigtek wrote:
Jay2121 wrote:We eat our own don’t we. For goodness sake turn on Trump and get a liberal.
If by "we" you mean Republicans, that's nothing new. The Republican Party has been biting the hands that feed them a long time. The only surprise is how many keep feeding the ungrateful beast.
I voted for trump because Hillarys was such a disaster. But I never trusted him. There is nothing he does not waffle on. Whatever sounds good to the audience in front of him is what he will say. He has no loyalty, even to his own word. The only thing he has ever been worried about is himself. Winning is all that matters to him, even if it means switching sides and claiming that was his side all along. i don’t listen to his speeches or statements because they will change in a day or two.

I am hoping for a different option in 2020 than a dem or trump.
:iagree:
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

skeathley

Post by skeathley »

I think many people are over-reacting to this. Trump is a simple man on some levels, but very complex on others. He dangles carrots, out-thinks, and out-flanks his opponents. Like someone said recently, he plays chess, not checkers. I don't like what he has said about gun rights, but this game is not over. I think we should wait and see what happens. He may will surprise us all.

Of course, if he does throw us under the bus, bashing him now will not change that, but it will give comfort to our enemies.

:txflag:
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

apostate
Posts in topic: 4

Post by apostate »

skeathley wrote:I think many people are over-reacting to this. Trump is a simple man on some levels, but very complex on others. He dangles carrots, out-thinks, and out-flanks his opponents. Like someone said recently, he plays chess, not checkers. I don't like what he has said about gun rights, but this game is not over. I think we should wait and see what happens. He may will surprise us all.

Of course, if he does throw us under the bus, bashing him now will not change that, but it will give comfort to our enemies.

Trump was POTUS for more than a year before the Cruz V-Day massacre. During that time, the House and Senate had Republican majorities. Therefore, I conclude their failure to pass national reciprocity has absolutely nothing to do with those murders and everything to do with their real views on RKBA.

They are of course welcome to prove me wrong, preferably before November.

rotor
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rotor »

apostate wrote:
skeathley wrote:I think many people are over-reacting to this. Trump is a simple man on some levels, but very complex on others. He dangles carrots, out-thinks, and out-flanks his opponents. Like someone said recently, he plays chess, not checkers. I don't like what he has said about gun rights, but this game is not over. I think we should wait and see what happens. He may will surprise us all.

Trump was POTUS for more than a year before the Cruz V-Day massacre. During that time, the House and Senate had Republican majorities. Therefore, I conclude their failure to pass national reciprocity has absolutely nothing to do with those murders and everything to do with their real views on RKBA.

They are of course welcome to prove me wrong, preferably before November.
There is a limit of what one can do without 60 senate votes. I realize that you know this but it takes 60.

flechero

Post by flechero »

rotor wrote:There is a limit of what one can do without 60 senate votes. I realize that you know this but it takes 60.

True, but I feel like if the power was flipped and they be much more productive (towards their agenda) then and R's have been. We can't even give away citizenship to illegals right now! :shock:

rotor

Post by rotor »

flechero wrote:
rotor wrote:There is a limit of what one can do without 60 senate votes. I realize that you know this but it takes 60.

True, but I feel like if the power was flipped and they be much more productive (towards their agenda) then and R's have been. We can't even give away citizenship to illegals right now! :shock:
We have a dysfunctional government. Let's realize also that when they are functional they usually pass disastrous legislation.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

rotor wrote:
flechero wrote:

We have a dysfunctional government. Let's realize also that when they are functional they usually pass disastrous legislation.
Agreed! That's one of the reasons I'm glad the Texas legislature only meets 140 days every other year.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

rotor wrote:
flechero wrote:

This is nothing new.

“With Congress, every time they make a joke it's a law; and every time they make a law it's a joke.” ―Will Rogers
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

flechero

Post by flechero »

rotor wrote:
flechero wrote:

I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise... only that the d's seem to be more efficient at moving their agenda forward then the R's do. :tiphat:

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

flechero wrote:
rotor wrote:
flechero wrote:

I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise... only that the d's seem to be more efficient at moving their agenda forward then the R's do. :tiphat:
The Rs help the Ds move their agenda.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

flechero wrote:

The 60 votes required is a Senate rule, it can be changed at anytime and IMHO should be 51% of votes not 60 votes. Do away with this silly rule so the minority party has no way to stop legislation. And yes, I do understand it will go both ways when the other party has the majority.
NRA Life Member

rotor

Post by rotor »

anygunanywhere wrote:
flechero wrote:
rotor wrote:
flechero wrote:

The Rs help the Ds move their agenda.
I agree. I think Nancy Pelosi has a bigger whip than Paul Ryan. Very rare for the commies, oops Dems, to vote outside party lines.

apostate
Posts in topic: 4

Post by apostate »

True. It's also true school shootings are a red herring when it comes to their failure to pass reciprocity or hearing protection.

Return to “Federal”