"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 26
Posts: 883
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6196

Post by Grundy1133 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:00 pm

i personally woulda named it "Purgatory" lol
Image
NRA Member


Capgun76
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:24 pm

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6197

Post by Capgun76 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:40 pm

Hope this helps some people relax in the future. I waited 62 days to go print pending, 59 days after the official review began. No record at all, no additional info was needed. For whatever reason I was held up for a long time. 4 days after it went print pending I received it in the mail. Wanted to just ease the minds of some who may be in my shoes in the future. I watched many people get theirs in under 15 days while there was simply no reason for mine to take so long. It eventuly got here and now I can move on , but if you are waiting a long time maybe this will reassure you .


aimeerouton
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:42 pm

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6198

Post by aimeerouton » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:53 am

aimeerouton wrote:Class: 01/13
App: 01/14
Fingerprints: 01/17
Documents submitted: 01/17

Still waiting on background check. :waiting:

I should note - clean background, no arrests, born & raised in TX....numerous FBI background checks that didn’t even take this long? Curious...
ID in hand 03/07/2018. :txflag:

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 26
Posts: 883
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6199

Post by Grundy1133 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:41 am

aimeerouton wrote:
aimeerouton wrote:Class: 01/13
App: 01/14
Fingerprints: 01/17
Documents submitted: 01/17

Still waiting on background check. :waiting:

I should note - clean background, no arrests, born & raised in TX....numerous FBI background checks that didn’t even take this long? Curious...
ID in hand 03/07/2018. :txflag:
when did your BG check change to green? or did you give up on checking everyday? lol
Image
NRA Member


twomillenium
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1471
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 pm
Location: houston area

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6200

Post by twomillenium » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:19 pm

I have heard that if you check on-line every other hour it may speed up your process. :biggrinjester:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.


thinkmac
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:50 pm

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6201

Post by thinkmac » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Under review since 23rd of Feb.

Looking at the law GC §411.177 (https://www.dps.texas.gov/InternetForms ... LTC-16.pdf), the department is required to process the application within 60 days. However, 30 days after the period of time, if not heard back from, it is constituted a denial. So in layman's term, application is automatically denied after 90 days. Correct?


infoman
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 27
Posts: 551
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6202

Post by infoman » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:59 pm

That’s never happened before- so answer is no.

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 26
Posts: 883
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6203

Post by Grundy1133 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:03 pm

twomillenium wrote:I have heard that if you check on-line every other hour it may speed up your process. :biggrinjester:
if THAT was the case, it shoulda been here yesterday :lol:
Image
NRA Member

User avatar

oljames3
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1411
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6204

Post by oljames3 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:20 pm

oljames3 wrote:26 FEB 18. My wife submitted her renewal.

26 FEB 18. My youngest brother submitted his fingerprints and CHL100.
8 MAR 18, brother's LTC arrived. :thewave

Wife's background check still pending. :roll:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1


Zook
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:08 pm
Location: DFW/Lubbock

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6205

Post by Zook » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:57 pm

Applied on DPS website - 2/23/18
Took course - 2/24/18
Submitted documents - 2/24/18
Prints taken - 2/26/18
Confirmation of documents received - 2/26/18
All checks green except for background - 3/1/18
Background check green, print pending - 3/2/18
Mailed - 3/7/18
Plastic in hand - 3/9/18

Only 11 days including a weekend after they got my docs. Not bad. Went to chuys the liquor store and cabellas today as my first walks.
I’d rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 26
Posts: 883
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6206

Post by Grundy1133 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:15 pm

Zook wrote:Applied on DPS website - 2/23/18
Took course - 2/24/18
Submitted documents - 2/24/18
Prints taken - 2/26/18
Confirmation of documents received - 2/26/18
All checks green except for background - 3/1/18
Background check green, print pending - 3/2/18
Mailed - 3/7/18
Plastic in hand - 3/9/18

Only 11 days including a weekend after they got my docs. Not bad. Went to chuys the liquor store and cabellas today as my first walks.
you'r elucky... i did my course the same day as you and did my prints the day after you and my BG check is still pending.... :cryin
Image
NRA Member

User avatar

PriestTheRunner
Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:33 pm

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6207

Post by PriestTheRunner » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:23 am

PriestTheRunner wrote:Class Completed: 2/24/18
Application Started and Submitted: 2/24/18
Fingerprints Completed: 2/28/18
Fingerprints Received by State: 3/2
Background Check Approved: 3/7/18
- Currently Pending Print -

Hopefully plastic in hand later this week!

Time to full approval (but not printed) after everything was submitted, 7 days... Not bad. :)

Class Completed: 2/24/18
Application Started and Submitted: 2/24/18
Fingerprints Completed: 2/28/18
Fingerprints Received by State: 3/2
Background Check Approved: 3/7/18
Switched to Card Mailed: 3/13/18

Hopefully plastic in hand tomorrow!

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 26
Posts: 883
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6208

Post by Grundy1133 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:10 pm

PriestTheRunner wrote:
PriestTheRunner wrote:Class Completed: 2/24/18
Application Started and Submitted: 2/24/18
Fingerprints Completed: 2/28/18
Fingerprints Received by State: 3/2
Background Check Approved: 3/7/18
- Currently Pending Print -

Hopefully plastic in hand later this week!

Time to full approval (but not printed) after everything was submitted, 7 days... Not bad. :)

Class Completed: 2/24/18
Application Started and Submitted: 2/24/18
Fingerprints Completed: 2/28/18
Fingerprints Received by State: 3/2
Background Check Approved: 3/7/18
Switched to Card Mailed: 3/13/18

Hopefully plastic in hand tomorrow!
2/24 class
2/27 fingerprints
2/28 BG check pending
3/12 BG check green/print pending

looks like you're ahead of me lol
Image
NRA Member


Txmomof4
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:21 am

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6209

Post by Txmomof4 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:22 am

The DPS says my CHL should have arrived a week ago. The post office says that it has not come in thru them. What now?

User avatar

Grundy1133
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 26
Posts: 883
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm
Location: Gainesville

Re: "Waiting Room"

#6210

Post by Grundy1133 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:46 pm

Txmomof4 wrote:The DPS says my CHL should have arrived a week ago. The post office says that it has not come in thru them. What now?
did you actually call the DPS or just based on the status on their site? Cause evenif it says "mailed" it doesnt mean its actually been mailed. from my understanding they mail them in batches. so it might be sitting in an envelope waiting for them to actually mail it.
Image
NRA Member

Post Reply

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”