Renewal online

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 3

Renewal online

Post by LDB415 »

I got my letter this week. I went online where it told me to go. It reminded me I'd get a "homework assignment" to provide a checklist of items to complete the process. I filled in and/or answered everything. It said they'd try to use my photo and prints on file if they are usable. It, like the letter, said send in the items on the checklist that would be emailed to me. Got the email. We received your renewal. We'll use your photo/prints if usable. Your checklist is nothing. It acknowledged there is such a thing and it was blank. So I guess photo/prints are all that is required for renewal and I'm in limbo now waiting to know if mine on file are usable. Can't say I'm unhappy about this possibility.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Renewal online

Post by Tex1961 »

If I remember, my checklist was blank for at least a few weeks after I applied for my renewal. I think it populated once they sent the email with the test.

Mike S
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mike S »

LDB415

I think you're going to be good to go without anything else required, if this is the renewal of your LTC & not an instructor renewal. If it's an instructor renewal, they will be sending you the refresher training and the test that Tex1961 mentioned in his post (if not an instructor, that won't apply for yours).

The statement you received sounds pretty standard. They use your driver's license photo already on file, & if your prints were digital there shouldn't be a problem with reusing them as well.

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Just a plain old personal renewal. Not instructor. I think it's all good. Just a little surprised it would be that easy. And thankful.

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Ok, so today, 18 days later, my renewal arrived in the mail. It is ugly compared to the one it replaces, all grey-scale rather than in color. But it's here and good for 4.5 years from today.

Mike S
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mike S »

Nice!

And, Thanks for updating us with the timeline for renewals.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”