Let's hear some updates!

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

BambooShoots
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Let's hear some updates!

Post by BambooShoots »

nedmoore wrote:Bamboo, you are lucky that only had to wait 17 days to get moved to "processing application" I waited like 50 days or more!
Yeah, I hope my good luck continues.

I've probably checked the status of my app a dozen times today. I thought that the page showing the status would be a bit more detailed. As it is, it's just a nearly blank webpage with the usual DPS border and two words: Processing application.

No dates, no dates of previous status (recieved, etc).
CHL Class taken: 3/5/08
CHL Packet Sent: 3/24/08
CHL Packet Recieved by DPS: 3/25/08
Check Cleared: 4/1/08
PIN Number Recieved: 4/12/08
CHL Licence Issued/Active: 6/1/08
In the mailbox: 6/5/08
72 days.

1st Renewal
Online app.: 1/3/13
Class: 1/27/13
Mailed: 1/28/13
Paperwork received: 1/31/13

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 25

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Your post makes me want to scream. I sent my packet in before you and the check cleared before yours. I don't have a PIN yet and they tell me that the application isn't in the system yet. Granted, I only am ahead of you by about a week, but it is obvious they are just piling the packets up in a box and grabbing them out Willy Nilly.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 25

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

melkor41 wrote:spoke to the famous simone today.... asked her if they had received my packet (since i stupidly did not send it certified). She said it takes 4 to 6 WEEKS before they even get the packet open and typed into the system and she would not know until then. At least they answered the phone this time, I have spent the last 3 business days calling various times of the day just to sit on hold until the answering machine takes over.

:waiting:

Not entirely true. It may be 3 or 4 weeks before they type it into the system, but it only takes about ten minutes after they receive the package to tear into it and get the check. :banghead:

BambooShoots
Posts in topic: 17

Post by BambooShoots »

Belive me, I'm really afraid that this is going to come back and bite me. I'm not sure if I would call the prints smudged but they weren't crystal clear. That, and I don't know if I filled out my employment info 100% correctly.
CHL Class taken: 3/5/08
CHL Packet Sent: 3/24/08
CHL Packet Recieved by DPS: 3/25/08
Check Cleared: 4/1/08
PIN Number Recieved: 4/12/08
CHL Licence Issued/Active: 6/1/08
In the mailbox: 6/5/08
72 days.

1st Renewal
Online app.: 1/3/13
Class: 1/27/13
Mailed: 1/28/13
Paperwork received: 1/31/13

Armed-Texan
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Armed-Texan »

i am glad that everything i sent in was squared away. the class was given by a current LEO and the prints were sharp, affadavits signed and squared away, clear photos. i tell you with attention to detail the guy had i am sure he is on squared away top notch LEO. i am not worrying about the stuff you guys are, i am just downright impatient and that is my character flaw!!!

Ultamatule
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Ultamatule »

Ahh... Finally. I called CHL and they said system showed my license was printed Monday!!!!!

So hopefully I will have plastic here very soon.

So that puts my wait at 116 days....

I am anticipating my Wally Walk...Oh what to carry? Spring Field XD .45, FNH Five Seven, Kimber CDP Ultra II, Smith & Wesson 500 .50 Cal with the 8 3/8" barrel with reload, hollow point, 425 grain bullets?? :reddevil :fire :fire :fire :fire

Decisions...Decisions.. :thumbs2:

txtfp
Posts in topic: 10

Post by txtfp »

I've been lurking on here for awhile now. I guess trying to gauge when my plastic would arrive. So, here's my timeline:

Mailed packet: Feb. 6
Packet received: Feb 8
Pin received: March 3 (dated Feb 29)

And still waiting on the application to be completed......
02/05/08 - Completed Class
02/06/08 - Mailed Packet
02/08/08 - Packet Received
03/03/08 - Received Pin - Processing Application
05/07/08 - Application Complete - 89 days

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

Welcome to the forum txtfp, glad you finally became an official member.. May your wait be short!! :-)
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Monkey404error
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Monkey404error »

txtfp wrote:I've been lurking on here for awhile now. I guess trying to gauge when my plastic would arrive. So, here's my timeline:

Wow, I sent my packet in two weeks before you did, and I also got my PIN 3 weeks after you, and I'm also noticing that some people here have had the same thing happen to them also. I think something has gone slightly askew in the timeline process some where along the line. I do just hope that this is a simple thing of the new ones getting placed on top of the old ones, and they're just slowly whittling down the pile, and that I'm not being thrown into some alternate dimension where I will never get my CHL.

Anyways, welcome to the wait. Hope your chair is comfy
http://concealedcampus.org/index.htm
Students should also have the rights to defend themselves

asleepatthereel

Post by asleepatthereel »

Monkey404error wrote:
txtfp wrote:I've been lurking on here for awhile now. I guess trying to gauge when my plastic would arrive. So, here's my timeline:

Wow, I sent my packet in two weeks before you did, and I also got my PIN 3 weeks after you, and I'm also noticing that some people here have had the same thing happen to them also. I think something has gone slightly askew in the timeline process some where along the line. I do just hope that this is a simple thing of the new ones getting placed on top of the old ones, and they're just slowly whittling down the pile, and that I'm not being thrown into some alternate dimension where I will never get my CHL.

All Govt. agencies are in alternate dimensions. JUST KIDDING SIMONE!!!! "rlol"
Theres room for all Gods creatures. Right between the corn and taters!

15 Dec Applied online
Plastic in hand 30 Apr
Kimber Stainles Ultra Carry II
Colt Defender
M1991A-1 Series 80
Yep. I like .45s
Join and support the NRA today!

ProudNativeTexican
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ProudNativeTexican »

I called on Wednesday and was told that they were just waiting on my waiting on my background check. Then when I got home yesterday there was a letter from TXDot with my pin number. Even thou I just called as soon as I got to work this morning I logged on to see "Pocessing Application".
ML
"Act your wage" (Dave Ramsey)

CHL Class-2/16-17/08
Paperwork submitted-2/22/08
Application received by DPS-2/25/08
PIN received - 4/17/08
Processing application - 4/18/08
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active - 5/7/8
Received Plastic - 5/10/08

txtfp
Posts in topic: 10

Post by txtfp »

Monkey404error wrote:

Thank you for the welcome!

As of today my application has been "processing" for 49 days. I keep thinking that I should call them, but I'm sure that my disappointment with the entire process thus far would get the best of me.
02/05/08 - Completed Class
02/06/08 - Mailed Packet
02/08/08 - Packet Received
03/03/08 - Received Pin - Processing Application
05/07/08 - Application Complete - 89 days

Big Worm

Post by Big Worm »

:waiting: :waiting: 11 weeks and still "processing application" :rules:

asleepatthereel

Post by asleepatthereel »

Mine is 'processing', but my wife looked on the site today, and apparently something is incomplete. :eek6 I hope mine is still ok.
Theres room for all Gods creatures. Right between the corn and taters!

15 Dec Applied online
Plastic in hand 30 Apr
Kimber Stainles Ultra Carry II
Colt Defender
M1991A-1 Series 80
Yep. I like .45s
Join and support the NRA today!

iahkaferoaster

Post by iahkaferoaster »

I think the guys and gals at the CHL office in Austin work like any office. You have your group of "do the minimum to stay out of trouble", and you have your "above and beyond the call of duty" people. I am starting to think this is what is happenening to all of us based on the review of posts. Kudos to those who got the over acheivers working on all stages (data entry/background check/plastic) of their plastic. Not sure where I fall seeing as my PIN was ready 25 days after they got my application, and as of today am 41 days in the "processing application" catagory for a total of 66 days. :blowup

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”