We MUST band together! This system is BROKE!

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
texanandproud
Posts in topic: 1

We MUST band together! This system is BROKE!

Post by texanandproud »

I keep reading horror stories about the most basic of steps by the State. TWO MONTHS and NO PIN. Husband and wife send in applications SAME DAY and one gets PIN in ONE WEEK and the other still waiting after a month. And it appears no one is receiving a licence in 60 Days as advertized is the goal. I see people on this forum still waiting after 4-5 months!!!It is obvious that this is an example of beaurocratic red tape gone totally astray. We are not being served adequately by our goverment.

My question is - Does anyone have any ideas on how we can effectively demonstrate against the way our state goverment is serving us. The only thing that comes to mind for me is to write a letter to the Austin American Statesmen Editorial Section with the slight hope that it might publish the letter. The other thing I personally am going to do is to find out who my State Represenative is (I think it's Patrick Rose) and write him a letter. This system is evidently brocken and I would like to solicit other's opinions on how we might take steps to complain. This "Waiting Room" is kinda cool because without it it would be very difficult to see what a problem this area of our State's DPS has.

Like I said - I'm going to do the two things I mentioned above. Might I suggest that other's help the cause for other Texas gun owners by doing the same and let's brainstorm other measures we might take to publicize the problem! Any ideas anyone?

asleepatthereel
Posts in topic: 2

Re: We MUST band together! This system is BROKE!

Post by asleepatthereel »

:iagree:
However, Im gonna say what I know others are thinking. I wouldnt make waves until the plastic is in hand.
:txflag:
Theres room for all Gods creatures. Right between the corn and taters!

15 Dec Applied online
Plastic in hand 30 Apr
Kimber Stainles Ultra Carry II
Colt Defender
M1991A-1 Series 80
Yep. I like .45s
Join and support the NRA today!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I would advise that, before anybody goes off half-cocked (yep, I very much intended that pun :mrgreen: ), please read Charles L. Cotton's thread titled "DPS CHL Processing Delays: Meeting Report."

DPS is already well aware of the problem and is already under pressure to fix it from Governor Perry's office and the legislature. I would say that doesn't mean you shouldn't keep up with their progress and don't give them a little prod once in a while; but showing up with pitchforks and torches might actually hurt the cause more than it helps.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

The Annoyed Man wrote:... showing up with pitchforks and torches might actually hurt the cause more than it helps.
I have to agree.

If you've ever been involved in a work effort that is behind schedule, you know you start having to go to meetings and write reports to explain why you're behind schedule, instead of working to catch up.

The time to do something about this problem will come in 2009. It will take some lobbying effort to get the legislature to fix it.

- Jim

txtfp

Post by txtfp »

I'm interested in seeing their metrics. How many applications they are receiving a month versus last year and how many they are producing in the same time frame.
02/05/08 - Completed Class
02/06/08 - Mailed Packet
02/08/08 - Packet Received
03/03/08 - Received Pin - Processing Application
05/07/08 - Application Complete - 89 days

dannysdad

Dannysdad post

Post by dannysdad »

I enjoy my serenity too much to get upset over the ineptitude of a state government. It won't speed them up and it makes me miserable. We are talking about CHL's being processed by a workforce that hails from the most liberal city in the country.

dannysdad

Post by dannysdad »

Please note that my above post was edited and censored, such that it has lost it's meaning. NO curse words were used. Apparantly the first amendment carries less weight than the second. Too bad this forum can't tolerate humor. Please delete my membership. Thanks.

nedmoore

Post by nedmoore »

What rules did you violate?

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

seamusTX wrote:If you've ever been involved in a work effort that is behind schedule, you know you start having to go to meetings and write reports to explain why you're behind schedule, instead of working to catch up. - Jim
:iagree: Especially in a big bureurocracy.
NRA Endowment Member

thejtrain

Post by thejtrain »

dannysdad wrote:Please note that my above post was edited and censored, such that it has lost it's meaning. NO curse words were used. Apparantly the first amendment carries less weight than the second. Too bad this forum can't tolerate humor. Please delete my membership. Thanks.
:cryin :cryin :cryin

Don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya. You know, that door you walked through to get here, the door & place that belong to Chas, inside which we're only welcome by his invitation, and by whose rules you agreed to abide when you clicked "I Agree" after the "Submit" button?

JT,
who had to get warned 2X for pseudo-profanity before he got the point, but finally did (that point being, if a message's meaning is markedly altered just by the use or non-use of profanity, a better vocabulary is the solution)
:txflag:
5 Feb 2008 - completed online application
1 March 2008 - completed CHL course
5 March 2008 - package delivery @ DPS
28 March 2008 - Day 23, "Processing Application"
12 June 2008 - Day 99, "Application Completed" :thumbs2:
20 June 2008 - Day 107, plastic in hand :txflag:

Cuda

Post by Cuda »

texanandproud wrote:I keep reading horror stories about the most basic of steps by the State. TWO MONTHS and NO PIN. Husband and wife send in applications SAME DAY and one gets PIN in ONE WEEK and the other still waiting after a month. And it appears no one is receiving a licence in 60 Days as advertized is the goal. I see people on this forum still waiting after 4-5 months!!!It is obvious that this is an example of beaurocratic red tape gone totally astray. We are not being served adequately by our goverment.

My question is - Does anyone have any ideas on how we can effectively demonstrate against the way our state goverment is serving us. The only thing that comes to mind for me is to write a letter to the Austin American Statesmen Editorial Section with the slight hope that it might publish the letter. The other thing I personally am going to do is to find out who my State Represenative is (I think it's Patrick Rose) and write him a letter. This system is evidently brocken and I would like to solicit other's opinions on how we might take steps to complain. This "Waiting Room" is kinda cool because without it it would be very difficult to see what a problem this area of our State's DPS has.

Like I said - I'm going to do the two things I mentioned above. Might I suggest that other's help the cause for other Texas gun owners by doing the same and let's brainstorm other measures we might take to publicize the problem! Any ideas anyone?

I sugest just wait it out. Like some other stated Austin is a very libral city. Also sending a letter to the Statesmen about guns and hopeing they publish it???? Dude they back Obama.. Who is very anti gun. The Statesmen is libral don't think they will be sympathetic to your cause.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

Jeff Cooper

drw

Post by drw »

dannysdad wrote:Apparantly the first amendment carries less weight than the second.
Your right to free speech is trumped by Chas' property rights. While on this website you are on Chas' private property and he can specify the rules by which you are required to operate.

See for example the loudmouth who walks into a bar, causes trouble, and then cites his rights while the bouncer rightly kicks him out.

rob02262008

Post by rob02262008 »

I'm sitting on my hands. If you complain at a fast food places you get a nice spit burger with those fries!! :mrgreen:
No Online Application used
Class taken 2/23/2008
Mailed 2/26/2008
Received 2/28/2008
Check cleared bank 3/7/2008
PIN Finally received 5/3/2008 - Processing Application
Application Completed 5/22/2008
Plastic received 5/23/2008!!!

SW 1006 10mm
Walther PPK 380
Rossi 38

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

texanandproud wrote:I keep reading horror stories about the most basic of steps by the State. TWO MONTHS and NO PIN. Husband and wife send in applications SAME DAY and one gets PIN in ONE WEEK and the other still waiting after a month.Any ideas anyone?
If you want your PIN quickly apply on-line.
NRA Endowment Member

iahkaferoaster

Post by iahkaferoaster »

I am just curious here with my question. Of those who are waiting on either a PIN or or a meaningful change in status and their was NO problems with any part of the application, who sent a "cashiers check" with their application versus other accepted fund types?

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”