August Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

cwood3
Posts in topic: 12

Re: August Applications

Post by cwood3 »

..................the county clerk for that county (South Padre)....??? :nono:
CHL Class - August 2
DPS Receives - August 11
Processing App.....
November 12......Processing App
November 26 - Will Slit Wrists

cwood3

Post by cwood3 »

............i think today is day 104. or 401?.....CRIKEY!!!! I can't count anymore............... :banghead:

Remedy.........????? ------> :cheers2: plus :cheers2: equals :drool: and then :confused5 ............ :totap:
CHL Class - August 2
DPS Receives - August 11
Processing App.....

cwsample
Posts in topic: 9

Post by cwsample »

FINALLY! I received my plastic today!!! Time for more dancing bananas!!

:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
:thewave
:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
Class Taken - 7/21/08
Packet Overnighted - 7/28/08
DPS Received - 7/29/08
Processing - 8/11/08
Application Completed - 11/14/08
Plastic Received - 11/17/08

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus

TexasOpenCarry.org

Beatnik
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Beatnik »

Got my plastic today. WooHoo!

Here's my timeline:
Took class: 8-16-08
Mailed: 8-18-08, 1:00 pm
USPS certified-mail confirmation Austin delivered: 8-20-08
USPS certified-mail Utah confirmation delivered: 8-21-08
Utah license received 10-16-08
Texas CHL received 11-17-08

karenkay500
Posts in topic: 2

Post by karenkay500 »

Nils,
Yes, Harris County it is!

nils
Posts in topic: 34

Post by nils »

That's music to my ears CW....congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!! :fire :thewave :anamatedbanana :patriot: :txflag:
Sent Packet 7/27
DPS Received 8/11
Plastic in Hand 11/07/2008!!!!

Nils F.
Colt Defender
Springfield Armory Operator-Full Rail
Galco IWB Holster

cwood3

Post by cwood3 »

Well saw my legs and call me shorty............I just checked status and it said "Application Completed - license issued or certification active"...! I DONOT have to slit my wrists now. I think it was 105 days from DPS receipt.

I'd like to thank all the people that made this possible, Barrack, mom, dad, and you sis, you never lost faith. I'd like to thank the girl at The Kolache Factory, my secretary, and my fourth grade teacher who once said "Oregon's main products come from forests". (what???)

All kidding of course. Do you guys think that somebody affiliated with Harris County installed 2 little wires in the chairs of the background checkers, that when somebody checks status, it triggers a mild 3-amp 4160VAC charge to the buttocks....???????

Well, it ain't over till the plastic is secure in the wallet, but it looks encouraging. My bananna is not jumping just yet.

This is proof that incessant status checking, crying and moaning together on this forum, etc really does speed the process up :lol:

My true hope is that Harris County has a handle on things and that everybody else here gets processed expediantly. :txflag:

cwood3
CHL Class - August 2
DPS Receives - August 11
Processing App.....

CainA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CainA »

Congrats to you folks that are getting or have recieved your licnenses. I'm still waiting on mine and have written the Gov. and just wrote my representative, I didn't copy/paste the Gov's note, but I did my Rep's and it's posted below, it's to the point and not sugar coated and anyone reading it can use it if they like:

in the subject line: CHL(Concealed Handgun License)

Hi,

I'm sure you've been getting a lot of inquiries lately about how long it's taking Austin (DPS) to get the subject background checks done and issuing licenses as per their rule of 60 days (which is not happening). I subscribe to an internet message forum and most members are not very satisfied with the DPS's performance regarding this matter. They (DPS) has sent some, if not most Gulf Coast County residents a Hurricane IKE delay letter. They don't need to have any excuses; they couldn't get these licenses (or letters denying licenses) out on time pre-IKE. Can you contact them and see what's going on? I've contacted Gov. Perry's office as well and have received a somewhat 'canned' response.

By the way, as if it's not obvious, I'm awaiting my license too.

Thanks,
-Cain

TexCaboCat
Posts in topic: 15

Post by TexCaboCat »

Well I finally tracked down my 22 year old arrest in South Padre Island and they have dismissed my charge and deleted my files. :clapping: So I faxed all my documentation to them today and should not have any more problems from here on out. 89 days and still counting!!!

CHL class 8/17 :coolgleamA:
Package mailed 8/21 :coolgleamA:
Packaged received 8/25 :coolgleamA:
Processing application 9/04 :coolgleamA:
Application completed 11/20 :coolgleamA:
License in hand 11/28 :coolgleamA:

sivart-dod

Post by sivart-dod »

I hate these 2 words...."Processing Application" :mad5

Is Houston DPS on a 2 month vacation or something? This is getting old real fast, im on day 93! :banghead:

TexCaboCat

Post by TexCaboCat »

:hurry: :hurry: :hurry: :patriot: :clapping: :anamatedbanana

Finally. Just called to make sure Melinda at the DPS received my fax and she put me on hold to go check it out. Came back on the line looked at my paperwork and said OK, that is it. Your license will be mailed out tomorrow!!! Application Complete!!!! What a whirlwind ride but almost done!!!! 89 days for me.

cwood3

Post by cwood3 »

:hurry: :anamatedbanana :hurry: :anamatedbanana :hurry:
Yep, plastic arrived yesterday. A hundred and some odd days. Well let's see. Maybe I'll go to WallyWorld, buy a cheap 12-pack and some cheese. Now what do I gripe about???? I am considering purchasing a new Springfield 1911 GI Mil-Spec Micro. That's the 1911 with the 3" barrell. Very compact and in my favo. .45ACP. My XDm .40 is wonderful, but a little bulky. Is a Mac10 a good CCW....?????? :smash: "rlol"

I am pullin' for the rest of my Harris County comrades. I'll keep watching here and will probably keep posting smarta$$ comments.........but that's just me.

Cheers,

cwood3
CHL Class - August 2
DPS Receives - August 11
Processing App.....

sivart-dod

Post by sivart-dod »

cwood3 wrote::hurry: :anamatedbanana :hurry: :anamatedbanana :hurry:
Yep, plastic arrived yesterday. A hundred and some odd days. Well let's see. Maybe I'll go to WallyWorld, buy a cheap 12-pack and some cheese. Now what do I gripe about???? I am considering purchasing a new Springfield 1911 GI Mil-Spec Micro. That's the 1911 with the 3" barrell. Very compact and in my favo. .45ACP. My XDm .40 is wonderful, but a little bulky. Is a Mac10 a good CCW....?????? :smash: "rlol"

I am pullin' for the rest of my Harris County comrades. I'll keep watching here and will probably keep posting smarta$$ comments.........but that's just me.

Cheers,

cwood3
Congrats to everyone who is getting theirs, I see you are about 3 weeks ahead of me on submitting my app cwood3, I really, really, really hope it doesn't take 3 more weeks. In the begining the wait didn't really bother me, I knew it would be a long wait and I prepared for it. However, once I found out that the Harris county DPS were not doing anything for a whole month after Ike that is when I started getting impatient.

TexCaboCat

Post by TexCaboCat »

I am officially out of the waiting room!!!!! Received my license Friday November 28 after 97 very long days. Good luck to all that are still waiting believe me I do feel for you guys.

sivart-dod

Post by sivart-dod »

I just called DPS...... and was given the same lame, boring excuse like always. "hurricane Ike" blah blah blah. The woman on the phone was completely unhelpful and practically hung up on me. She could not give me any information other than, Harris county and background check. Has anyone from Harris county gotten their CHL in here? she told me that MANY MANY people in Harris county are getting their CHL's. I find that highly unlikely.

What number do I need to call for the Houston DPS? I need to talk to someone. Its been 104 days, this is not right, they are just being LAZY, that's all there is to it.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”