"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

SplittinHairs
Posts in topic: 40

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by SplittinHairs »

Why is everyone's apps from 1/21 changing except for me? :grumble Story of my life. Well, I"m out. I'm sick of seeing everyone else get theirs and mine just sit in limbo for all eternity and never change. See you guys next year. :tiphat:

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

merrittj214 wrote:My all in date was 1/21/16. Still nothing. No mail. No email. No calls from the DPS/RSD. Nothing at all.

Like our buddy from a few days ago, when I buy retail I am always delayed. It's embarrassing so I'm holding off on my new Glock until I get the plastic. Obviously I have no disqualifying offenses on my record. If I did, I wouldn't be here.

If the RSD gets a delay from NICS, what happens? Do they follow up with the FBI, wait on them for an approval, or after the three day period move forward (like FFLs do)?

:patriot: :txflag:

I would assume they follow up or wait for the FBI...many times I get the delay and then I go pick up my firearm a week later. The times I ask them if that delay ever got fixed, the answers is always no. So like you I obviously do not have a disqualifying offense, but I do have a common name. Funny story:

When I was in high school I had a teacher who disliked me because his ex wife had remarried someone with the exact same first and last name as me. So if that is an indicator of my common name.... But like the wait for the FBI I'll just sit here and :deadhorse:

RanchTX
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RanchTX »

SplittinHairs wrote:Why is everyone's apps from 1/21 changing except for me? :grumble Story of my life. Well, I"m out. I'm sick of seeing everyone else get theirs and mine just sit in limbo for all eternity and never change. See you guys next year. :tiphat:

My all in was 1/22. Emailed once and got a real generic email reply saying my application was still processing. I don't have anything sketchy in my background. This process is ridiculous.

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Kenneth77 »

Well wednesday will be my " 60 business days " and i still have not got a good status update even with being in contact with Senator Brian Birdwell office , she told me she is in contact with the DPS but has not heard anything as of yet .I am really starting to get a little put off by all this it's almost like the state doesn't want you to have the LTC . I guess i will wait till wednesday morning and call and maybe see if i can talk to someone there that can help but after hearing all the people that have called and gotten nowhere with that IDK if i will or not .
leeproductsonline.com

dmthegreat2001
Posts in topic: 8

Post by dmthegreat2001 »

Marvel281 wrote:
merrittj214 wrote:My all in date was 1/21/16. Still nothing. No mail. No email. No calls from the DPS/RSD. Nothing at all.

Like our buddy from a few days ago, when I buy retail I am always delayed. It's embarrassing so I'm holding off on my new Glock until I get the plastic. Obviously I have no disqualifying offenses on my record. If I did, I wouldn't be here.

If the RSD gets a delay from NICS, what happens? Do they follow up with the FBI, wait on them for an approval, or after the three day period move forward (like FFLs do)?

Did you get the confirm email at least? If not, I would be contacting RDS soon.
Just curious - is this email everyone refers to when they say "confirmation from DPS"..?
rsd.jpg

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Post by meyerch5 »

Call an approval call from RSD this morning. I am approved and in printing.

All in date was January 21, 2016.

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 8

Post by vjallen75 »

meyerch5 wrote:Call an approval call from RSD this morning. I am approved and in printing.

Congrats man! Let us know when you have plastic in hand!!
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

dmthegreat2001 wrote:
Marvel281 wrote:

Did you get the confirm email at least? If not, I would be contacting RDS soon.
Just curious - is this email everyone refers to when they say "confirmation from DPS"..?
rsd.jpg
Yes, that is the "confirmation email" that we are speaking of.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

CaptainShaklaky
Posts in topic: 13

Post by CaptainShaklaky »

Got my status change on Saturday, exactly 60 days (not business days) from my confirmation email. I am anxiously awaiting the mail man today! There is a Walmart that needs walkin'.

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

meyerch5 wrote:Call an approval call from RSD this morning. I am approved and in printing.

Congrats buddy! Looks like you'll be leaving the waiting room soon.
:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

devildog817
Posts in topic: 5

Post by devildog817 »

I would think being a veteran that it would make things easier to get an LTC. I emailed my state rep. last week and didn't receive a response yet. My buddy and I took the class together in February. It's an unfortunate circumstance because he had a gun pulled out on him and his wife this weekend by some coward who cut him off and then followed him home. Had he had his license, he would have been able to defend himself. Luckily, nothing happened.

LTC class taken - 2/6
Application submitted with documents - 2/8
Fingerprints taken - 2/15
Fingerprints received confirmation - 2/17

Emailed twice and got the basic "still in progress" automated response. I'm losing hope and excitement. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CMOFOSHO

Post by CMOFOSHO »

Well there's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
And I've been tryin' to call RSD
Lord and I can't get a single sound. :lol:

Practitioner

Post by Practitioner »

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :txflag:

That was hilarious to read. Oh, Lordy so true.

Strong work. :thumbs2:

SplittinHairs

Post by SplittinHairs »

Eh, just adds another 6 months to the wait. No biggie. :cheers2:

Also, are they calling people now when you are approved?

dbailey0311
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dbailey0311 »

How does someone get in contact with a live person? Every time I call, I get the same message. "Due to high call volumes...blah blah blah. I sent my application in on 12/28/15. Still....NOTHING....

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”