"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

JCC511
Posts in topic: 51

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by JCC511 »

Day 60 for my wife would be 2/13 taking account for government holidays. Unless I missed one somewhere. :lol:
submitted 11/14/2016 received 12/9/2016
my wife's 11/14/2016 received 3/8/2017

tonym
Posts in topic: 18

Post by tonym »

JCC511 wrote:Day 60 for my wife would be 2/13 taking account for government holidays. Unless I missed one somewhere. :lol:
our time lines are almost the same.. "November 17th here" so I guess I'll just have to wait a few more weeks !!! I'm almost at the point of just saying I'm not going to receive one and just apply to Arizona ... :txflag: I love the great state of Texas, but when i't come down to our government, they love to take there time doing things... No Rush at all..

PewPewPew
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PewPewPew »

I thought I’d give my timelines since I’ve been lurking here the last several weeks.

12/04 – LTC Class
12/05- Fingerprints done
12/07 – Confirmation email stating all required documents were received
12/08-01/12 – Status was stuck with everything clear but “Background Check” and “Finger prints”
01/13 – Status changed to “Print Pending” and everything is now clear

I’m a male, 44, lived in two states (Texas and New Mexico) and have a DUI back in 1994. Since then though I’ve been squeaky clean with only two moving violations. Hopefully this helps if anyone has a similar pedigree as I.

JCC511

Post by JCC511 »

tonym wrote:
JCC511 wrote:Day 60 for my wife would be 2/13 taking account for government holidays. Unless I missed one somewhere. :lol:
our time lines are almost the same.. "November 17th here" so I guess I'll just have to wait a few more weeks !!! I'm almost at the point of just saying I'm not going to receive one and just apply to Arizona ... :txflag: I love the great state of Texas, but when i't come down to our government, they love to take there time doing things... No Rush at all..
I am hoping soon and trying not to look every day or more than once a day. Status most likely not changing today being a holiday.

K5CLC
Posts in topic: 38

Post by K5CLC »

JCC511 wrote:
tonym wrote:
I am hoping soon and trying not to look every day or more than once a day. Status most likely not changing today being a holiday.
Yes today is a state holiday for all state employees (which is why i slept in this morning! Awesome) for ol MLK, followed ironically by 'Confederate Heros Day' on Thursday, which is a 'skeleton crew day' or minimal staff required. So hopefully our LTCs get processed this week or next, and before Presidents day. Lol.
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse

TK_421
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TK_421 »

1shotsniper wrote:
TK_421 wrote:
TK_421 wrote:
1shotsniper wrote:
TK_421 wrote:
Mine changed to "Mailed" on 12/28, hasn't come in yet :grumble
That stinks man. From what I see 2 days is the norm....has anything ever been lost in the mail for you?
Nope. When they sent me a letter asking for some stuff I missed it took 4 days according to the date on the letter. May have to call if it doesn't show by Wednesday, it will have been two weeks by then.
Just got off the phone, it was actually mailed on the 22nd and they said it should arrive within 14 business days but if for some reason it's lost they won't send a replacement until after 30 days.
When you get it it will be that much more worth it....Praying the shipping gods work a miracle and you get it in the mail tomorrow....Good luck.
Well, guessing it's been lost at this point. First time I haven't received something in the mail. Won't be able to request a replacement until next week.
DFW
P320

tonym

Post by tonym »

TK_421 wrote:
1shotsniper wrote:
TK_421 wrote:
TK_421 wrote:
1shotsniper wrote:
TK_421 wrote:
That stinks man. From what I see 2 days is the norm....has anything ever been lost in the mail for you?
Nope. When they sent me a letter asking for some stuff I missed it took 4 days according to the date on the letter. May have to call if it doesn't show by Wednesday, it will have been two weeks by then.
Just got off the phone, it was actually mailed on the 22nd and they said it should arrive within 14 business days but if for some reason it's lost they won't send a replacement until after 30 days.
When you get it it will be that much more worth it....Praying the shipping gods work a miracle and you get it in the mail tomorrow....Good luck.
Well, guessing it's been lost at this point. First time I haven't received something in the mail. Won't be able to request a replacement until next week.
Check your neighbor bro... cant hurt to ask right ?

TK_421
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TK_421 »

tonym wrote:
TK_421 wrote:
1shotsniper wrote:
TK_421 wrote:
TK_421 wrote:
1shotsniper wrote:
TK_421 wrote:
Check your neighbor bro... cant hurt to ask right ?
Everyone on my street is friendly so they would've brought it to me. Only thing I can think of is the street next to mine has a very similar name and they ended up getting it because we have the same house number. I've actually received some of their stuff before but I don't know them.
DFW
P320

JCC511

Post by JCC511 »

I would think anyone else would at least return to sender. Then DPS would remail it to you or contact you to let you know they received it back. I would not think anyone would just trash your mail.

Nothing new with my wife's processing status after the long weekend.

Really like your username, by the way! "TK421? TK421, do you copy??"

Centex3kGT
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Centex3kGT »

Well, no news is no news....
My status:

12-01-16 - LTC class completed
12-07-16 - Electronic Application filed
12-09-16 - Fingerprints completed at Identogo
12-09-16 - All supporting docs uploaded
12-14-16 Received email acknowledging receipt of supporting docs

Still no status displayed on the website as of today. Finally broke down and called them....
Here is what I was told:
After checking my ID, the representitive (who was very nice, possibly because I was not rude to him at all) actually read off the dates they got my application, the fingerprints, and my supporting docs. Then told me that I needed to give it another week to get a status on the website, and that it "Should be quick after that, and I SHOULD get my license SOON, if there are no problems"

SO here's to hoping!!!
Gun Control - (verb) -
1. To use both hands when aiming.

----------
Star Firestar M40

AlCappuccino
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AlCappuccino »

Hey y'all I'm a new member to the forum. But I've been checking this place since I sent in my application (to compare to the other timelines). But my question is does anyone know where they mail the plastic from? I tried searching online and couldn't find anything. My status as this morning stated mailed so I'm sure y'all can guess I'm ecstatic! I read on a forum awhile back that they don't mail it from Austin and it's made somewhere else. Can anyone answer this?

tonym

Post by tonym »

AlCappuccino wrote:Hey y'all I'm a new member to the forum. But I've been checking this place since I sent in my application (to compare to the other timelines). But my question is does anyone know where they mail the plastic from? I tried searching online and couldn't find anything. My status as this morning stated mailed so I'm sure y'all can guess I'm ecstatic! I read on a forum awhile back that they don't mail it from Austin and it's made somewhere else. Can anyone answer this?
congrats :hurry: I have no clue were they mail the plastic from, how long did it take for your status to go to mailed ?

JCC511

Post by JCC511 »

Received a letter today about a (let's call it) legal hiccup from the past in another state. No charges filed and no conviction. On the record, but should have been esponged or non-existent. I guess the record does not go away and has to be explained. Again, it was in another state. For whatever reason, the state of Texas showed it to be in (let's call it) "Anytown PD" and "Anytown County" in Texas. It was not even in Texas. The actual city in the correct state has been called and the process of requesting a document confirming the legal hiccup went nowhere beyond the car ride and holding time until dismissal three hours later. A Texas CHL-78Cwill likely have to be filed as well to be included as additional supporting documents. The letter from DPS was dated 1/13/2017 and today is 1/20/2017. Seemed to take a while for within the state mail. Once they receive the documents that will be uploaded, they should be able to move forward. Just an update for everyone.

Easyasmc
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Easyasmc »

Did you list this on the affidavit when you submitted your application or did it show up during background review?

tonym

Post by tonym »

JCC511 wrote:Received a letter today about a (let's call it) legal hiccup from the past in another state. No charges filed and no conviction. On the record, but should have been esponged or non-existent. I guess the record does not go away and has to be explained. Again, it was in another state. For whatever reason, the state of Texas showed it to be in (let's call it) "Anytown PD" and "Anytown County" in Texas. It was not even in Texas. The actual city in the correct state has been called and the process of requesting a document confirming the legal hiccup went nowhere beyond the car ride and holding time until dismissal three hours later. A Texas CHL-78Cwill likely have to be filed as well to be included as additional supporting documents. The letter from DPS was dated 1/13/2017 and today is 1/20/2017. Seemed to take a while for within the state mail. Once they receive the documents that will be uploaded, they should be able to move forward. Just an update for everyone.
here the crazy thing that I just don't understand.. they have the record right in front of them.. They already Know that nothing came from it, and They still want you to explain it ???? that just crazy bro...plus that not part of what they ask for when you did the app online, they ask if you had anything within a time frame if i'm not mistaken ... I've all but given up on Texas LTC just waiting on my Arizona CHL to come in the mail so I can send it off

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”