"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

lrb111
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lrb111 »

Hard to explain how good it feels, huh? :lol: Congratulations!!!!!!!!
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 33

Post by NcongruNt »

lrb111 wrote:Hard to explain how good it feels, huh? :lol: Congratulations!!!!!!!!
Know what's funny? The first thing I said when I saw that it had completed....

:anamatedbanana IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! :anamatedbanana

.... and did a little dance. :lol:

Idjut
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Idjut »

NcongruNt,

That's what I was going to post when I got mine! Now I have to think of something else... (stop, Hammer-time; nah...)
Nothing in this world is more surprising than the attack without mercy! -from Little Big Man

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

Idjut wrote:NcongruNt,

That's what I was going to post when I got mine! Now I have to think of something else... (stop, Hammer-time; nah...)
For your viewing pleasure... the 90s flowchart.

:chldancing :chldancing :chldancing :chldancing :chldancing :chldancing

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

So to get back on topic....

The mailman brought me no joy today. :sad:

Took CHL class - 03/03/2007
Mailed in app - 03/07/2007
Received by DPS - 03/08/2007
Receieved pin - 03/26/2007
Processing Application status verified - 03/26/2007
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active - 05/01/2007
Current Status (Day 57, 05/03/2007): "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"

Idjut

Post by Idjut »

I hereby decree that nobody shall be allowed to use an unhappy face if their status has changed from "Processing Application" to... Well, I don't know what it reads because I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET! :sad: :sad: :sad:
Nothing in this world is more surprising than the attack without mercy! -from Little Big Man

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

Day 59.

Another 7 1/2 hours before the mailman comes. :crazy:

Hopefully, my plastic comes today. First thing I'm gonna do is Chas' stand in the street "because I can". :grin:

I won't go to Wal-Mart without my girlfriend dragging me there, so maybe I'll do the Wally Walk soon.

Since my Combat Master isn't supposed to ship out until Monday, I went and bought a cheap Uncle Mike's 7605-1 IWB holster for the Hi-Power for the time being. It's obviously not a well-crafted holster at $18, but it should do for now.. I was told by McBride's to wait another 2 weeks for my shoulder rig for the PA-63 to come in from Galco. :mad:

Anyhow, here's to hoping! :woohoo

Current Status (Day 59, 05/05/2007): "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active"

longtooth
Posts in topic: 13

Post by longtooth »

Idjut wrote:I hereby decree that nobody shall be allowed to use an unhappy face if their status has changed from "Processing Application" to... Well, I don't know what it reads because I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET! :sad: :sad: :sad:
The majic words are Application completed Certificate Issued, not abbra cadabbra. :lol:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

So...

I'm hanging out at my regular coffee shop here in Austin, and realize that it's past the time the mailman has come. I leave my tab open and head home for a moment to check the mail. A house full of 26 folks tends to get lots of mail, and sure enough, today's pile has arrived. I start thumbing through the mail... bill, bill, credit card offer, junk mail, student loan mail, bill... I start losing hope, as I'm nearing the bottom of the pile. Then, second from the bottom, I find it. An envelope with a window that shows a printed name with a splash of red underneath. I open it up, and my day has arrived...

I HAVE MY PLASTIC!!!!!!

:party: :willynilly: :chldancing :txflag: :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :hurry: :hurry: :crazy: :crazy: :chldancing :chldancing :party:

As promised, I holstered and went and stood out in the street, "because I can". I think I'll call it the "Cotton Stand". For an explanation, see this thread:

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... =1120#1120

YAY!!!!!!! :woohoo

I'm back at my coffee shop, having my "Coffee Shop Sit". I am surrounded by people in close proximity, typing on my laptop, having some coffee and breaking in my Bianchi IWB. :grin:

The GF is out of town, so can't drag me along to Wal-Mart just yet. I'm sure I'll get a Wally Walk in soon, though.

Plastic arrives in the mail - 05/05/2007
Total wait, 59 days.

(edited for typo'd word)
Last edited by NcongruNt on Sun May 06, 2007 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Liberty »

NcongruNt wrote:
As promised, I holstered and went and stood out in the street, "because I can". I think I'll call it the "Cotton Stand".
I like it.. It Sounds like a good tradition, and a celebration as worthy as fireworks on the 4th of July.

Congradulations, carry well.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KBCraig »

NcongruNt wrote:I think I'll call it the "Cotton Stand".
When you can't Wally Walk, then the Cotton Stand is the next best thing. I'm not sure, but it might be even better: you do it alone, just to let the freedom sink in, without worrying about other shoppers.

Kevin

Liberty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Liberty »

KBCraig wrote:
When you can't Wally Walk, then the Cotton Stand is the next best thing. I'm not sure, but it might be even better: you do it alone, just to let the freedom sink in, without worrying about other shoppers.

Kevin
The Wallywalk is practice and part of a learning process. The Cotton Stand is a pure celebration of freedom.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

NcongruNt wrote: As promised, I holstered and went and stood out in the street, "because I can". I think I'll call it the "Cotton Stand". For an explanation, see this thread:

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... =1120#1120

YAY!!!!!!! :woohoo
:smilelol5:

I think I'll have Martha put that on my tombstone. When the grandkids visit my grave that can look up at their Dads and say, "What did our crazy Grandpa do to earn this one!!?"

Congratulations!
Chas.

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

Liberty wrote:
KBCraig wrote:

Kevin
The Wallywalk is practice and part of a learning process. The Cotton Stand is a pure celebration of freedom.
Yup.

I sat for several hours at my coffee shop with my PA-63 in my Bianchi IWB holster at 4:00. The hardest part was keeping myself from constantly checking the gun/holster. It kept felt like it was pushing up and out, but it was really just pressure from the chair back. That clip is nice and stiff, so the holster isn't going anywhere. My concerns about being made out were minimal, thanks to the folks in this forum. I went to H.E.B. and did considerable squatting, bending, and reaching from the top shelf with no worries (had to get cat food and litter).

While I was at the coffee shop, I think I "made out" a guy in his mid to late 30s getting coffee with his mother it looked like. He looked to have a considerably larger pistol than me, wearing only a black t-shirt (not even over-sized) as cover. As obvious as it looked to me then, I'll have to admit that I never would have noticed it before a month ago.

The GF gets back into town today, so there may be a Wally Walk then.

kingalls
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kingalls »

Took CHL course- Jan. 14
Post Office Closed MLK Day-Jan. 15
Mailed Application- Jan. 16
Check clears bank- Jan. 30
Online status changes to approved and lic. issued- Mar. 8
Received CHL in mail- Mar. 10

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”