"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

TXRon
Posts in topic: 1

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by TXRon »

My timeline thus far...
LTC Application 12/01/2016
Fingerprints: 12/9/2016
LTC Class 12/17/2016
LTC Supporting Documents Received 12/19/2016

This is the fourth state in which either I and/or my significant other has gone through this process (UT, NH, MA and now TX). Of the four, I think NH ranks top of the list. TX is in a tie for last with MA and is sinking fast...

Update as of 1/7/2017:
My wife, son and I have all been going through the process together. We have the exact same timeline. My son received his LTC on 1/5/2017. YAY! However, my status (which is no status) has not changed.

So this leads me to believe that one or more of the following may be occurring:
- They are doing some form of triage (fast tracking some applications at the expense of others)
- They don't really have the process, tools or infrastructure to plan, track and report progress. In essence a chaotic or ad hoc process.
- They have Single Point of Failures (SPOFs) within their own process flow (e.g. an approving manager goes on vacation for 2 weeks)
- Other organizations outside of their own have an ad hoc process
- Handoffs between organizations are broken resulting in delays
- I am not worthy
Last edited by TXRon on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

remanifest
Posts in topic: 13

Post by remanifest »

JMDTX wrote:When I look at my online LTC application status, everything is green except my Fee. It is highlighted in red and and states "Fee: Insufficient, notice sent to applicant." I'm currently in the Army Reserve and sent in my supporting documents to have my fee waived. Anyone have any idea why there is an issue with it?
LTC Issue.jpg
According to this, you'll need to have served on Active Duty within the last 365 days, currently be serving on active duty (not TAD): https://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/CHL/docum ... hedule.pdf

If you're wanting to pay the $25, just produce a DD-214.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

timcw
Posts in topic: 4

Post by timcw »

My LTC has been stuck on "Background under review" since June 2016. :banghead: 02/12/16 application received, 06/01/16 DPS receives additional requested supporting documents for a stupid thing I did years ago, which gave them another 180 days. Since June, I'm somewhere around 220 calendar days, and 150 working days! My main question before I go crazy and start calling my state rep, etc, does the 180 days mean "calendar days", or does it mean "working days"? Should I wait another 30 working days to find out?

Jtnhou
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jtnhou »

Since July 2016 my status has not updated at all. Extremely frustrating, this is all I see. Any ideas?

I have sent messages through the system and get automated responses that the state has 180 days to process my application.

LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required. Once the application and documents have been received by Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.

remanifest

Post by remanifest »

timcw wrote:My LTC has been stuck on "Background under review" since June 2016. :banghead: 02/12/16 application received, 06/01/16 DPS receives additional requested supporting documents for a stupid thing I did years ago, which gave them another 180 days. Since June, I'm somewhere around 220 calendar days, and 150 working days! My main question before I go crazy and start calling my state rep, etc, does the 180 days mean "calendar days", or does it mean "working days"? Should I wait another 30 working days to find out?
Government entities are usually pretty good about placing "working" ahead of "days" if that's their meaning. I'm not a lawyer, so if anyone else wants to weigh in, feel free... just my experience in working with various governments.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

timcw

Post by timcw »

Jtnhou wrote:Since July 2016 my status has not updated at all. Extremely frustrating, this is all I see. Any ideas?

I have sent messages through the system and get automated responses that the state has 180 days to process my application.

LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required. Once the application and documents have been received by Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.
Sorry to hear that, but glad to hear that I'm not the only one that's having an extremely slow experience. Stuck since June.

1shotsniper
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 1shotsniper »

1shotsniper wrote:
1shotsniper wrote:
1shotsniper wrote:12/09/16 application submitted
12/10/16 fingerprints completed
12/17/16 course completed & documents submitted
12/19/16 Email received that application and supported documents recieved
12/22/16 Background Check: Under Review

I'm almost there :hurry:
This is going super fast.
12/23/16 Background check: Completed
12/23/16 Print Pending
After a week of print pending.....We should start a GoFundMe to get them a faster printer lol :lol::

12/31/16 Mailed
1/3/17 Plastic in hand (took a while because of the holidays)

Wally Walk completed.... :woohoo

K5CLC
Posts in topic: 38

Post by K5CLC »

Called DPS to ask about my status, the lady said it's under review and if it's under review it could take longer than the 60 days allowed, up to the 180 days. And I did ask, the 60 days are 'working days' so at this point I may or may not see a license by February 27th, 2017. I'm going to give up hope for a while and just be happy i can still carry in my vehicle. :grumble
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse

bobbybbcat
Posts in topic: 7

Post by bobbybbcat »

K5CLC wrote:Called DPS to ask about my status, the lady said it's under review and if it's under review it could take longer than the 60 days allowed, up to the 180 days. And I did ask, the 60 days are 'working days' so at this point I may or may not see a license by February 27th, 2017. I'm going to give up hope for a while and just be happy i can still carry in my vehicle. :grumble
I did the same thing chief..I added the question as to why my wife applied after I did and she's had hers for over a week now...she just told me..they take different avenues to be completed??? Whatever that's supposed to mean.. :grumble

timcw

Post by timcw »

K5CLC wrote:Called DPS to ask about my status, the lady said it's under review and if it's under review it could take longer than the 60 days allowed, up to the 180 days. And I did ask, the 60 days are 'working days' so at this point I may or may not see a license by February 27th, 2017. I'm going to give up hope for a while and just be happy i can still carry in my vehicle. :grumble
Thanks for the clarification on "working days", so I will assume my 180 day wait is 180 working days then. I will try to be patient :banghead:

TK_421

Post by TK_421 »

1shotsniper wrote:
1shotsniper wrote:
1shotsniper wrote:
1shotsniper wrote:12/09/16 application submitted
12/10/16 fingerprints completed
12/17/16 course completed & documents submitted
12/19/16 Email received that application and supported documents recieved
12/22/16 Background Check: Under Review

I'm almost there :hurry:
This is going super fast.
12/23/16 Background check: Completed
12/23/16 Print Pending
After a week of print pending.....We should start a GoFundMe to get them a faster printer lol :lol::

12/31/16 Mailed
1/3/17 Plastic in hand (took a while because of the holidays)

Wally Walk completed.... :woohoo
Mine changed to "Mailed" on 12/28, hasn't come in yet :grumble
DFW
P320

K5CLC

Post by K5CLC »

I spoke with an officer this morning, we got on the subject of the LTC, and I told him I completed my paperwork on 11/22. He's the 3rd officer who congratulated me on going for the LTC, which is real nice to hear. I told him I'm still waiting on approval and plastic, he said 'Yeah, DPS is known for taking their time, unless you owe on a ticket.'. lol. :thumbs2:

JCC511
Posts in topic: 51

Post by JCC511 »

Still no update on my wife's card. Fingerprints and background still pending. This week is seven weeks. I saw some people call the DPS. Is there a point where we should do that?
submitted 11/14/2016 received 12/9/2016
my wife's 11/14/2016 received 3/8/2017

K5CLC

Post by K5CLC »

JCC511 wrote:Still no update on my wife's card. Fingerprints and background still pending. This week is seven weeks. I saw some people call the DPS. Is there a point where we should do that?
You will get the same generic answers we did. My fingerprints and background still pending as well. Same timeframe. Hopefully they will get to our stack of forms very soon.

JCC511
Posts in topic: 51

Post by JCC511 »

Thank you. She asked me if the long timeframe means they are not going to approve. I told it does take longer than six weeks though the initial email makes it seem like it should be no longer than.
submitted 11/14/2016 received 12/9/2016
my wife's 11/14/2016 received 3/8/2017

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”