"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1


aplast
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Re: "Waiting Room"

#5896

Post by aplast » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:37 pm

Obviously I have been checking the mail daily -- I found it hilarious that today all my mail was pushed to the back of my mailbox and my License To Carry was front and center separated from all the other bills/amazon package/junk mail. My mailman HAD to have known. :shock: :lol: "rlol"


tonym
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 18
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:06 am

Re: "Waiting Room"

#5897

Post by tonym » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:58 am

JCC511 wrote:
aplast wrote:best of luck to her. Hopefully it arrives sooner rather than later. I can only fathom having to wait that long. Have y'all considered going the arizona/virginia route in the meantime?
Thank you. We will likely just wait for Texas.
It took almost 4 full months to get my LTC, my girlfriend sent hers off 3 weeks ago , and its in print pending .... were both in our mid 40's.. I just wish I knew why some of us take forever and some are lighting fast

User avatar

bmwrdr
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: "Waiting Room"

#5898

Post by bmwrdr » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:38 am

12/9/16 Filed online for renewal.
3/3/17 Status update- Print pending.
3/4/17: License To Carry A Handgun Mailed
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─


txusmc0352
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:22 am

Re: "Waiting Room"

#5899

Post by txusmc0352 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:54 am

bmwrdr wrote:12/9/16 Filed online for renewal.
3/3/17 Status update- Print pending.
3/4/17: License To Carry A Handgun Mailed
I've been trying to check the status of mine for the past two days but it keeps saying the site is down for maintenance and to check back soon. Not a fun message to see when status has been print pending the last few days and waiting to see mailed haha
:txflag:


Brandon23
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:56 am

Re: "Waiting Room"

#5900

Post by Brandon23 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:00 pm

:anamatedbanana finally got my status changed to mailed.
12/2/16 application received
3/4/17 license mailed.
Thank goodness this is a fast process :lol::
Good luck to the rest still waiting.


Schwartz22
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: "Waiting Room"

#5901

Post by Schwartz22 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:58 pm

Schwartz22 wrote:Status updated. My official timeline is:
Submitted app Jan 2016
Fingerprints Jan 2016
Class and submitted forms 2/4/17
Email acknowledging documents received 2/6/17
Update on website. Background check under review 2/23/17
Background check completed, Print Pending 2/24
Mailed 3/1
Received 3/4 (possibly 3/3, didn't check the mail).

Arizona packet arrived 3 days after submitting the request.
I'll probably send everything in on the 16th. Too busy to get fingerprints done until then.


JCC511
Member
Posts in topic: 51
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: "Waiting Room"

#5902

Post by JCC511 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:39 am

Is there a benefit to having this in Texas as well as Arizona?
submitted 11/14/2016 received 12/9/2016
my wife's 11/14/2016 received 3/8/2017


Brixton
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:50 am

Steel waiting

#5903

Post by Brixton » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:58 am

I get a kick out of this forum. I've been checking updates daily, hopeful seeing that a lot of y'all have quick processing times. Hoping I'm close!

Submitted application: 2/8/17
Application received: 2/10/17
Print pending(BG&prints): 2/23/17

As of this morning still awaiting Background and prints to come back... Anyone in the same boat? I've seen a few of you submit around the same time and already have your ID
:waiting:


JCC511
Member
Posts in topic: 51
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Steel waiting

#5904

Post by JCC511 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:36 pm

Brixton wrote:I get a kick out of this forum. I've been checking updates daily, hopeful seeing that a lot of y'all have quick processing times. Hoping I'm close!

Submitted application: 2/8/17
Application received: 2/10/17
Print pending(BG&prints): 2/23/17

As of this morning still awaiting Background and prints to come back... Anyone in the same boat? I've seen a few of you submit around the same time and already have your ID
:waiting:
It seems like a lot of the applications get stuck at the point where background check and fingerprinting are pending. It seems to me that the fingerprinting would be quick as it would likely be an automated process of some kind. Background checks can take longer as other states may be involved. If your record is squeaky clean, you may find it may go quickly for you.
submitted 11/14/2016 received 12/9/2016
my wife's 11/14/2016 received 3/8/2017


thechl
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:23 am

Re: "Waiting Room"

#5905

Post by thechl » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Submitted renewal application 2/17/2017...and wait.
:^>

Print Pending: 3/10/2017

license mailed: 3/14/2017

License received: 3/16/2017
:anamatedbanana
Last edited by thechl on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar

K5CLC
Member
Posts in topic: 38
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:33 pm
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Contact:

Arizona License is Here!

#5906

Post by K5CLC » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:30 pm

After I re-submitted a copy of my TX LTC with the application on the 14th of February I received my Arizona permit in 3 weeks exactly. Pretty amazing speed.

Chris
(and yes, since i got my Texas LTC I carry every day since. Mostly concealed, sometimes open carry. But it sure is nice!)
Good luck all.
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse


JCC511
Member
Posts in topic: 51
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Arizona License is Here!

#5907

Post by JCC511 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:56 pm

K5CLC wrote:After I re-submitted a copy of my TX LTC with the application on the 14th of February I received my Arizona permit in 3 weeks exactly. Pretty amazing speed.

Chris
(and yes, since i got my Texas LTC I carry every day since. Mostly concealed, sometimes open carry. But it sure is nice!)
Good luck all.
Is the Arizona permit just a stopgap that people are doing because the Texas LTC can take a while or is there an advantage of having both?
submitted 11/14/2016 received 12/9/2016
my wife's 11/14/2016 received 3/8/2017

User avatar

K5CLC
Member
Posts in topic: 38
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:33 pm
Location: Georgetown, Texas
Contact:

Re: Arizona License is Here!

#5908

Post by K5CLC » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:13 pm

JCC511 wrote:
K5CLC wrote:After I re-submitted a copy of my TX LTC with the application on the 14th of February I received my Arizona permit in 3 weeks exactly. Pretty amazing speed.

Chris
(and yes, since i got my Texas LTC I carry every day since. Mostly concealed, sometimes open carry. But it sure is nice!)
Good luck all.
Is the Arizona permit just a stopgap that people are doing because the Texas LTC can take a while or is there an advantage of having both?
The real benefit is in reciprocity which states that Texas doesn't get along with apparently such as Nevada so if you want to go to Las Vegas you can't carry there. But that will depend on the 50 state reciprocity agreement people have been talking about 2. It's also a backup to the other license which is my primary Texas license which I feel is good to have just in case and shows you've been checked out twice over for the right to carry a concealed handgun
The Intelligent Response is a Brave Response : http://tinyurl.com/BraveResponse


JCC511
Member
Posts in topic: 51
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: Arizona License is Here!

#5909

Post by JCC511 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:31 pm

K5CLC wrote: The real benefit is in reciprocity which states that Texas doesn't get along with apparently such as Nevada so if you want to go to Las Vegas you can't carry there. But that will depend on the 50 state reciprocity agreement people have been talking about 2. It's also a backup to the other license which is my primary Texas license which I feel is good to have just in case and shows you've been checked out twice over for the right to carry a concealed handgun
Good to know. Will have to look into that. Thank you!

By the way, your iPac link does not seem to be working anymore. When you click a size, it says:
"IMPORTANT!

This product is inactive and/or no longer for sale. This product has been disabled for one or more of the following reasons:
Limited quantities
Limited offer period
Terms of service violation"
submitted 11/14/2016 received 12/9/2016
my wife's 11/14/2016 received 3/8/2017

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 5785
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: Arizona License is Here!

#5910

Post by Liberty » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:28 pm

JCC511 wrote:
K5CLC wrote: The real benefit is in reciprocity which states that Texas doesn't get along with apparently such as Nevada so if you want to go to Las Vegas you can't carry there. But that will depend on the 50 state reciprocity agreement people have been talking about 2. It's also a backup to the other license which is my primary Texas license which I feel is good to have just in case and shows you've been checked out twice over for the right to carry a concealed handgun
Good to know. Will have to look into that. Thank you!
...
Except that our Texan LTC is good in Nevada.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Post Reply

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”