Don't wait too long...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
kw5kw
Posts in topic: 3

Don't wait too long...

Post by kw5kw »

... Hey guys,

Don't wait too long before you go for your renewal.

Aparently, I waited too long after I got my renewal packet to go back for my class and send in my paperwork.

Tomorrow is my birthday -- expiration date, and no new license to replace it with.

I took my renewal class on Saturday May 20th and mailed it Certified on Monday May 22nd.

I have had absolutely no... none... nada... zip correspondance from Austin yet.

So, after tomorrow, I'm left high and dry...

Moral of story...
don't procrastinate! Go as soon as you get your renewal packet!

Russ

sparx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sparx »

Happy birthday kw5kw! Sorry your birthday present hasn't arrived yet! :sad:
NRA, TSRA, TXGR, SAF, GOA & FPC
"I'm not terrified of guns, I'm terrified of gun-free zones!"

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

One of my co-workers told me he'd just taken his renewal, and he hoped he would get his new license back before his birthday (less than 30 days).

I had to burst his bubble by telling him what I've seen reported here. Luckily for him, we're covered by LEOSA, so the only thing he's missing is the NICS bypass.

Kevin

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Yes, good post KB. My birthday is in Jan & I talked to the instructor last night. I am hoping I don't have a gap.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

stash

Post by stash »

Unless I am missing something, here is something to think about, especially re renewals and the possible problems with the CHL unit. I got a non-resident from another state that has receprocity (sp) with Texas. When my Texas expires I will still have a year on my non-resident which should be more then enough time to renew my Texas even if there are problems. Should not have to do this but I am just trying to cover all basis to continue to carry if there is a problem. For some reason it is hard to get good fingerprints from me. I got the non-resident for this reason only.

Topic author
kw5kw

Post by kw5kw »

stash wrote:Unless I am missing something, here is something to think about, especially re renewals and the possible problems with the CHL unit. I got a non-resident from another state that has receprocity (sp) with Texas. When my Texas expires I will still have a year on my non-resident which should be more then enough time to renew my Texas even if there are problems. Should not have to do this but I am just trying to cover all basis to continue to carry if there is a problem. For some reason it is hard to get good fingerprints from me. I got the non-resident for this reason only.
I've been thinking about that, but my wallet's so cottin-pickin' thick now and I'm trying to reduce its' bulk, not add to it.
I print more from my wallet than I do from my XD-9 :shock:

Russ

Topic author
kw5kw

Post by kw5kw »

In the mail today was a plain white envelope with a stiff piece of plastic inside.

IT"S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!
and only a week and one day after my birthday and 57 days after they received it in Austin!
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

propellerhead

Post by propellerhead »

Happy Birthday neighbor.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”