Renew- Application Completed - license or certificate active

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
stephen_g22
Posts in topic: 2

Renew- Application Completed - license or certificate active

Post by stephen_g22 »

Renewal packet received by the state 5/25/06

Checked status online this evening 7/19 to see the following:

Application Completed - license or certificate active

Mailbox has been empty of my new card. Does that status indicate that the license should be in the mail, or is it secret code for wait some more?

Great site by the way! Lots of good folks here. A few years ago I bought a S&W 638 from Greybeard. I bet he wants it back :grin:

pfgrone
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pfgrone »

Wife and I got the same message on the web site tonight (Jul 19) also. Ours are for new CHLs.

Applications received by the state on Apr. 25.

I'll watch the mailbox now like I did when I was a kid waiting for those brass secret decoder rings that could be ordered with cereal box coupons.

Paul G. :grin:

Diode
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Diode »

It took 5 more days after mine went active on the website for me to get it in the mail. My was 3 days just getitng out of thier mailroom, so hang in there.!

Topic author
stephen_g22
Posts in topic: 2

NACHO TIME

Post by stephen_g22 »

Apparently "Application Completed - license or certificate active" means the card is in the mail, because greeting me this afternoon was my renewal.

What a relief.

My permit expired last February and once expired, I realized how much I had taken the permit for granted. I let the permit lapse because I was facing a layoff at work and could not justify the expense.

Once I had a new job, I forgot about it for a little while until there was some crime in our neighborhood. I then remembered my lapsed license and how I could not legally carry until I renewed.

Now 55 days after submitting everything, my license is here.

I think the karma of registering for the site yesterday helped my cause. So all you lurkers out there - register - and maybe the postman will have something good for you the next day.

WHOOO HOOOO!

Stay Safe and God Bless!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”