My daughter and Son-in-Law...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
kw5kw
Posts in topic: 1

My daughter and Son-in-Law...

Post by kw5kw »

Both my oldest daughter and my Son-in-Law enjoy shooting overall gun ownership. They've both been to Gunsite's 250 class and my Son-in-Law's going back for the 350 course in October. My daughter wants to go, but she's in her final semester before graduating college in December, so she can't go.

Anyway, this past Saturday, they found time in their busy schedule to take their CHL. :grin:

I, being the good father, 'bit the bullet' and sat in on the full class with them. And, since this was a different instructor this time, I got just a bit different slant on things by how he taught the class. The things that this instructor highlighted on was just a bit different than my other instructor, both being great instructors.

And I was allowed to shoot with them.
My daughter shot a Glock 19, and my Son-in-Law shot a Glock 22. I shot my new XD-45--my newest weapon that I'd only put 100 rounds thru (now it has 150).

She was 3rd hightest in the class with a 233/250.
My Son-in-Law was first in the class with a 246/250.

Since I wasn't taking the class I wasn't 'rated' in the class, but I limp-wristed one round at 7 yards and only managed a 249/250 :sad: .

So, now their waiting time begins. I told them about this forum, and we'll see if they show up.

Russ
Last edited by kw5kw on Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

spud
Posts in topic: 1

Post by spud »

Sounds like everything went ok at the class, and it looks like the shoot went well. I would get them on the site early, they have alot of readind to do. But that is the fun part.

Congrats to them on taking the 1st step.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”