where's mine at ?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
sjones
Posts in topic: 4

where's mine at ?

Post by sjones »

Hi guys,I just found this site and this is my 1st post.I sent mine off on june 5th for renewal and still haven't got it back.They did send me a notice that I had to redo my fimger prints,which I did and sent back within 3 days,so I'm still checking the mailbox everyday,Anyone know the telephone # to call?thanks. sj

dws1117
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dws1117 »

First off, welcome. Please stop by the introduce yourself thread and tell us a little about you.

As to your CHL, it seems as if any corrections that need to be made starts the time over from when they receive and start processing the corrected complete application.

Between 60 and 70 days seems to be the norm. Be patient. I know it's hard. Just go shoot, practice carrying around the house, and dry fire. It will arrive.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

sjones:
Welcome to TexasCHLforum! (You'll also be getting a PM from me.) How did you hear about us?

As dws1117 said, your 60 days starts over the day they get your prints. As soon as it gets to 60 days, you can give them a call. Here is the DPS CHL contact information:

chl@txdps.state.tx.us

or

Concealed Handgun Licensing Bureau
Texas Department of Public Safety
P O Box 4143
Austin, Texas 78765-4143
Phone: (512) 424-7293 or (512) 424-7294
Helpline: (800) 224-5744

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

sjones,
welcome! I have a bunch of family in Waxahachie...I spent a great deal of time there as a child. My Grandfather was a police officer there in the 50's. It really is a nice little/growing town. Take care.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Topic author
sjones

Post by sjones »

I didn't see the thread where I can introduce myself,If I find it I will be glad to introduce myself.

dws1117
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dws1117 »

Topic author
sjones

Post by sjones »

I found it,just took a little looking.thanks.

Topic author
sjones

Post by sjones »

Well,I just called austin,they said,and I quote,since I had to redo my fingerprints,the 60 days will start all over.I sent it in on june 5th,and this isn't a new application.Its a renewal,plus I do security work so they have probably 10 different fingerprints from all over,lets see:police comission from KC,military,2 different security companies,another even deeper security company.They shoud be able to take one look and go wow,heres another one from sjones,whats he doing now.feel like pulling my hair out. sj :mad:

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

I have my prints with the FBI and a half dozen other federal agencies due to my security clearance. I fully expect this to take the full 60 days when I put in my CHL packet(not renewel).

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”