AAAAAAHHH!! What now?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
killerquad
Posts in topic: 5

AAAAAAHHH!! What now?

Post by killerquad »

I am finally sending out the application tomorrow morning. It has been sitting in my night stand too long (almost a month, what was I thinking!).
Waiting is going to suck since I am not very patient.
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

The Marshal
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Marshal »

Waiting will be worse, if you don't mail it. ;-)

~Bill

Topic author
killerquad

Post by killerquad »

Well I was hoping it would ship itself out, so much for that idea. :roll:
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

Thane
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Thane »

Is the mail running on Labor Day?

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

Thane wrote:Is the mail running on Labor Day?
:smilelol5:

Surely you jest?

The USPS has never met a day off it didn't take.

~Bill

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

If you waited a month to send it off, what does 2-3 months more matter. LOL. :grin:

Seriously though, Practice as much as you can. See what mode of carry works best for you and use it around the house every chance and as much as possible. Get comforatable with how you intend to carry and conceal.

That way when it does come, you will be ready.

Otherwise, pull up a chair
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

propellerhead

Post by propellerhead »

Carry at home. Take this time to figure out what carry method you like and what holster to use. The more you carry at home, the more relaxed you'll be with it.

Topic author
killerquad

Post by killerquad »

Yeah I have been carrying at home to get used to the feel of it. I have been carrying an unloaded gun but I think its time to carry loaded. Do all of you guys carry cocked and locked or full mag empty chamber?

40FIVER

Post by 40FIVER »

I don't know much, so I don't post much, but I know the answer to this one. Always cocked and locked.

40FIVER

propellerhead

Post by propellerhead »

I've been carrying my Taurus loaded, chambered with the external safety on. If I carry my XD-9, it will be cocked and chambered too.

cxm

Re: AAAAAAHHH!! What now?

Post by cxm »

Be sure to send it certified mail with return receipt.

V/r

Chuck

killerquad wrote:I am finally sending out the application tomorrow morning. It has been sitting in my night stand too long (almost a month, what was I thinking!).
Waiting is going to suck since I am not very patient.
Hoist on High the Bonnie Blue Flag That Bears the Single Star!

Topic author
killerquad

Post by killerquad »

Yeah I was planning to. I have had several things "lost in the mail", funny how a payment I send out never gets lost though.

Figures the day I finally decide to send it out and I completely forget that UPS doesnt work today. DOH!! :oops:

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

killerquad wrote:Yeah I have been carrying at home to get used to the feel of it. I have been carrying an unloaded gun but I think its time to carry loaded. Do all of you guys carry cocked and locked or full mag empty chamber?
For me - even just carrying around the house(still practicing - don't have the plastic yet) - cocked and locked.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Yes Cocked & locked. That is the way JMB designed it to be carried. Proper grip & draw will depress the beaver tail safety & put your thumb directly on the thumb safety. Trigger finger is extended along the side of trigger guard.
Flint just posted the best description of 1911 safety design that I have ever seen. It would behoove every young or new to 1911s to print it out & read it w/ weapon in hand. Reread it daily until you are comfortable w/ the safety of a 1911.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
killerquad

Post by killerquad »

Well I just picked up my carry gun and the holster (thanks to another CHL forum member!) I will be using since I had not narrowed it down. Since I have not shot this gun I plan on doing a lot of shooting with it before I get my CHL. Thanks for all the replies.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”