March 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

rentz
Posts in topic: 6

Re: March 2011 Applications

Post by rentz »

johnson0317 wrote:
johnson0317 wrote:5/11 - Manufacturing!

Almost there.
5/12 - Mailed! :hurry:
Wish mine was, background pending nearly a month

Sheepdawg
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Sheepdawg »

Materials received 3/9. Plastic received 5/11.

Bulldog1911
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Bulldog1911 »

rentz wrote:
johnson0317 wrote:
johnson0317 wrote:5/11 - Manufacturing!

Almost there.
5/12 - Mailed! :hurry:
Wish mine was, background pending nearly a month
same here rentz...
creeping up on 2 months total wait time :totap:
People that i took the class with and sent their packets in after me have already received theirs
I know it's a government thing, but how can it possible be this disorganized? very frustrating. :banghead:
I have clean background, lived in the same county since I was 12. Don't understand the hold-up
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

Dutch
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dutch »

3/10 Electronic prints and package mailed USPS Express from Austin
4/14 Everything is green except Background Check = Under Review
5/04 Manufacturing Pending
5/12 Mailed (I was out of town for a few days need to see if it is already at home)

Leah8746
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Leah8746 »

Hi, new here :txflag:

I mailed my application back in feb. And it was processed on march 3rd everything is green except my fingerprints and background check... And it's been that way for several weeks now. I'm starting to worry I will get denied :nono: it seems like a lot of other people on here have already theirs. My background check should be fine, I've only gotten in trouble once when I was 14 so I assumed that wouldn't affect my CHL application considering that I was so young and it was so long ago. :???: Other than that My record is squeaky clean.

Waiting sucks.

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 23

Post by johnson0317 »

Leah,

I would give them a polite call. Seems like something is holding you up, and perhaps you can bust up the logjam.
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Leah8746
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Leah8746 »

For sure, I'll do that tomorrow and figure out whats going on.

a2rbnud

Post by a2rbnud »

BissellisWeird wrote:Looks like my e-mail to Perry's office worked.
After 82 days, 3 emails (completely useless, don't bother) and a 4th phone call on Tuesday. My status finally went to "Manufacturing" today. After reading Bliss's earlier post, on Monday, I too dropped off an email to Governor Perry's Office via his website. I don't know if it was the persistant, but polite phone calls, that email to the Governor's office, or just a coincidence. But Bliss's carrot and stick method makes sense. Wait until 60 days after mailing before you try it.

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 23

Post by johnson0317 »

Makes me wonder how some people get held up like they are. I thought I got pretty good turn-around after mailing on 3/38 and them mailing 5/12. I initially attributed it to having lived in the same place for 17 years and having a clean record, but it sounds like other similar people are having problems. The only other thing I can think of is that the State Board of Nursing required fingerprints though L1 and a background check a year or two ago.

Good luck to you all! I have been in Grapevine for a conference, and am heading home tomorrow. Hopefully it will be waiting, or in the mail on Saturday. Getting ready to do my Wally Walk.

RJ

Class 3/26
Mailed 3/28
First Update 4/27
Manufacture Pending 5/10
Manufacturing 5/11
Mailed 5/12
Received TBA
Last edited by johnson0317 on Fri May 13, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

9mmLover

Post by 9mmLover »

woohoo.

finally pending manufacture.

DPS received my packet on march 19th- 21st since the 19th was a saturday.

Status changed to manufacturing today May13th. guys i took the class with got their CHLs in a hair over 30 days. My background check took a while because i did have a PI charge from when i was in college and it seemed like they were dragging their feet on the issue. i sent 3 emails, and all i got back was what seemed like an automated response saying that my application is pending a background check.

finally got frustrated to the point where i thought it would be good to get my state rep involved. gave his office a call on tuesday, may 10th, and the lady there called the DPS right away. about an hour later i got a call from the DPS saying they are going to expedite the process. yesterday i got another call saying that the background is complete, and that the plastic is being manufactured. The guy said it will be here in 7-14 days.

if you are approaching the 60 day deadline, give your rep a call. i have been practicing carrying my G32 around the house. i think im gonna buy an LCR or SW642 for the summer...maybe an LC9.

the wait is almost over. :anamatedbanana

rentz

Post by rentz »

9mmLover wrote:woohoo.

finally pending manufacture.

DPS received my packet on march 19th- 21st since the 19th was a saturday.

Status changed to manufacturing today May13th. guys i took the class with got their CHLs in a hair over 30 days. My background check took a while because i did have a PI charge from when i was in college and it seemed like they were dragging their feet on the issue. i sent 3 emails, and all i got back was what seemed like an automated response saying that my application is pending a background check.

finally got frustrated to the point where i thought it would be good to get my state rep involved. gave his office a call on tuesday, may 10th, and the lady there called the DPS right away. about an hour later i got a call from the DPS saying they are going to expedite the process. yesterday i got another call saying that the background is complete, and that the plastic is being manufactured. The guy said it will be here in 7-14 days.

if you are approaching the 60 day deadline, give your rep a call. i have been practicing carrying my G32 around the house. i think im gonna buy an LCR or SW642 for the summer...maybe an LC9.

the wait is almost over. :anamatedbanana

I sent my packet in just a few days after you, and ive been background under review since april 19th, but ive never had any charges ever filed against me so i dont know what the holdup could be. but i dont want to call because it hasnt been 60days yet, but its quickly approaching . just annoying hearing from people who sent everything in after me and got theirs back before, and knowing people who got it in 30days.

Bulldog1911

Post by Bulldog1911 »

Well, DPS received my packet on march 23. Been waiting on BG check for WEEKS!!!!! There is absolutely nothing that should hinder this part for me. Squeaky clean...same county since i was 12...always lived in Texas...same employer past 5 years... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Trying to be patient, but this is absurd. Getting close to the 60 day mark. Nothing should take 60 days to complete. Even Rome was built in 59 days!!!!

Called today(my 4th time to call) and the lady said my application is being finalized so it "shouldn't be too much longer." I though to myself, ok great a couple more days. Then she says, I would check back in a couple weeks...???? :eek6 Really???? It now takes a couple weeks to "finalize it" whatever that means. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I thought for sure I would have it in time for my trip to Florida next week...guess not. I'm going to my room to sulk :cryin
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

BlendedWhiskey
Posts in topic: 3

Post by BlendedWhiskey »

Even Rome was built in 59 days!!!!
There is incentive to speed up the process when the alternative is to become lion food! Hang in there, I am at 63 days since they received my packet and my license is on day 2 of "manufacturing". It's a painful process, but learned a good lesson. Envy those that receive in 30 days and be happy we aren't part of the "old" crowd that took 6 months!

Ok, maybe that doesn't help. Now I am thinking "where is my license at already?? geesh!" :smash:

On another note, if anyone hasn't joined the NRA or read Mr. Cotton's "Project One Million" thread. I would encourage you to do so, he does a fine job of putting things into perspective. While waiting just plain sucks, we have to remember our gun rights are under attack everyday! Waiting a couple months is nothing compared to what some would like to do. The best perspective I can give, every member that signs up creates yet another tick mark. When the NRA speaks or defends our rights, they do so with the power in numbers. Getting involved "after something is taken away" does nothing or takes time to rebuild. Being involved now protects your rights to carry plastic (whenever it may come) forever!

My 2 cents! :txflag:
Project One Million: Texas - Get Involved!
In stressful situations we do not rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.
Your mind is the weapon -- the gun is only a tool!

rentz

Post by rentz »

I went ahead and emailed yesterday and got a fast response (possibly automated) that said new apps are taking 60 days to process at the moment and i am in the final stages before manufacturing.
so basically the same thing others are being told.

BissellisWeird
Posts in topic: 8

Post by BissellisWeird »

Good news. Status is now Manufacturing. I'm itching to do my wally walk.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”