July 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

texastactical
Posts in topic: 5

Re: July 2011 Applications

Post by texastactical »

Carl in Katy wrote:Hang in there, Catdaddy. Looks like you, big meg, and me are the senior members around here. Youre like me,you dont wanna be that guy. But sometimes I think the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
catdaddyxx wrote:
texastactical wrote:What about you Catdaddy? Any updates? (Did you call the number I PMed you the other day?)
No change as of today. Still listed as under review. Even though I know it was finished nearly two weeks ago. Someone types s l o w.

I haven't called that number yet. I'll call that number on Monday if there still isn't any change. Since I called last Monday (even though he lied to me) I don't want to be "that guy".
I agree with Carl. Go ahead and call. They don't log your calls. So she won't even know you've called before. Something is going on with yours. Call and get it figured out. We're all pulling for you!
Michael "Iron Mike" Webb
Texas Tactical

catdaddyxx
Posts in topic: 33

Post by catdaddyxx »

I'll for sure call on Monday. They do however log your calls. The last guy I talked to knew who I had talked to the time before.

strider67
Posts in topic: 28

Post by strider67 »

catdaddyxx wrote:I'll for sure call on Monday. They do however log your calls. The last guy I talked to knew who I had talked to the time before.
Hey Catdaddy, Can you disguise your voice and call from a payphone? Maybe they won't log THAT call... :mrgreen:

Enough of the funny stuff. I truly wish someone would tell you what the heck was going on...almost seems like they have somehow dropped the ball and they figure if they put you off long enough, you may just forget about it!

As cliche as this sounds, hang in there! :clapping:
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

strider67

Post by strider67 »

Fellow forumers,

Just to brag a little on catdaddy, I just saw his encouraging note to a new applicant wishing them speedy plastic! With all of the bully-bull he is having to put up with, and to still make an effort to encourage others, I tip my hat to him... :tiphat:
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

catdaddyxx

Post by catdaddyxx »

Called again today. Got the same guy as last week after 45 mins on hold. Same answer as last week. "Everything looks alright. All we need is to finished up the last of your BG check and it'll be ready to send to printing". I didn't push the fact that I was told my BG check was done three weeks ago this time.

Called that number texastactical. Never got through to talk to her and left a message. No response from her yet.

texastactical
Posts in topic: 5

Post by texastactical »

Call her tomorrow, she usually answers on the first or second ring. I wonder if she was off today?
Michael "Iron Mike" Webb
Texas Tactical

Big Meg
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Big Meg »

I received my in the mail today :anamatedbanana ...I hope you get yours soon catdaddy .......

Tx_XDm
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Tx_XDm »

Congrats Big Meg
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

strider67

Post by strider67 »

Big Meg wrote:I received my in the mail today :anamatedbanana ...I hope you get yours soon catdaddy .......
Congrats Big Meg! :thumbs2: I'm with you on catdaddy! :txflag:

catdaddyxx

Post by catdaddyxx »

Grats bigmeg!

I call dibs on the next one!!!

catdaddyxx

Post by catdaddyxx »

Heard back from her this morning. She said that she was able to go ahead and issue my license and to expect it in a couple weeks.

Tx_XDm

Post by Tx_XDm »

That is great news catdaddyxx! :thewave
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Mrcoffee

Post by Mrcoffee »

catdaddyxx thats good to hear...... you have earned it!!!! :cheers2:
Congrats Big Meg :woohoo

Mines in mail... should have this week :drool:
5-15 online app completed
5-18 L1 fingerprinting completed
6-25 CHL Class passed
6-26 Packet Mailed
7-2 Status update
8-24 B/G check - COMPLETE
8-24 Manufacture Pending...
8-25 Manufacturing
8-26 MAILED!!!!!
8-31 RECIEVED!!

Carl in Katy
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Carl in Katy »

Congratulations, Big Meg & catdaddy. & you too, mrcoffee. Its nice to see the world is starting to spin on its axis properly again. Hope I see some positive movement on my application soon, I've almost quit checking on updates since its so frustrating and depressing.

catdaddyxx

Post by catdaddyxx »

Don't congrats me quite yet. I sure don't want to jinx it. I'm just hoping against hope that the "in about two weeks" wasn't just more of the stall tactic that I've seen. This is a new person and seems to be telling it to me straight. It's just kinda a once bitten twice shy kinda thing after all of this. :roll:

Even though I know it isn't a very reliable source, I really want to see it updated on the web page before I get excited.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”