What's the best time to check for updates

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Brushgun7303
Posts in topic: 1

What's the best time to check for updates

Post by Brushgun7303 »

I was wondering if there was a best time to check for updates
RH
BTHO t.u.
GIG EM!!!!!!!
CHL since 9/21/11

Mrcoffee

Re: What's the best time to check for updates

Post by Mrcoffee »

After checking 5 more more time a day for the first few weeks, form 6am to midnight, I figured out that the updates come after 1am but before 6am........ never saw and update on weekend, but they do pop up Monday morning... Think they want you to think they are working over time on weekends..... :roll:
But seems updates are only a guide........ not allways in line with what has been done... Seens they only have 1 man inputing data to update website..... and he only works 1 hour a day, on a 15 year PC that still has the old green screen!!!
So updates can be slow!!!
But good luck!!!
Mine just switched to MAILED today.. only took 58 days!!!
:woohoo
5-15 online app completed
5-18 L1 fingerprinting completed
6-25 CHL Class passed
6-26 Packet Mailed
7-2 Status update
8-24 B/G check - COMPLETE
8-24 Manufacture Pending...
8-25 Manufacturing
8-26 MAILED!!!!!
8-31 RECIEVED!!

Grapevinebill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grapevinebill »

I just saw my status update sometime between 8:00 and 11:00 on a Friday morning. I checked when I got to work and before the lUnch break and I went from waiting for material to BG under review, so I guess we just need to keep looking. I would also not expect anything over the weekend...
:txflag:
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

JMCruz

Post by JMCruz »

I got an update this morning. Last time I checked was around 8pm yesterday, then I checked the first time today at 2:45 pm today. So I really just think it varies.
TX National Guard, 2008-Present
SP 2022 w/ Shielded Holster
36 days mailbox to mailbox.
9/17-Plastic!!

Grapevinebill

Post by Grapevinebill »

Oh man, you got an update on a Saturday? How am I going to get anything done now if I'm checking all weekend too?
:txflag:
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

JMCruz

Post by JMCruz »

Haha sorry about letting that slip out. I even checked on labor day. I must be crazy. :rolll
TX National Guard, 2008-Present
SP 2022 w/ Shielded Holster
36 days mailbox to mailbox.
9/17-Plastic!!

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

Brushgun7303 wrote:I was wondering if there was a best time to check for updates
Once a week on Saturday afternoon.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

bluejay71

Post by bluejay71 »

My first update was Saturday morning of Labor day weekend. And the second one was today, Sunday, the 10 yr anniversary of 9/11. Any other holidays coming up or will I have to wait till the weekend of Halloween for my background check to be complete? There is simply no rhyme or reason to anything related to CHL!
CHL since August 2012

Longhorn80

Post by Longhorn80 »

I sent my documents off on 9/8/2011 and have received no update online. Is there an average amount of time from when you send the documents to when they update having received the documents? The problem is the damn post office can't confirm to me that the package was delivered, which is absolutely infuriating (they told me to check back with them on Tuesday if I can't get confirmation from where the documents were sent); so I am hoping to see my info updated that they received the documents so I can stop dealing with the post office, but I don't know what a normal amount of time is to expect an online update. If I don't get any confirmation by Tuesday I am going to send the documents again (thank god I made copies of the documents) because I am not willing to sit around on my rear end waiting for the ridiculously unreliable post office to get its act together. The package made it to their sorting facility in Austin, how the heck does it get lost between there and being delivered? :mad5

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

It took 30 days for mine to show the first update, and only after I sent a polite email. I would be careful in sending off a second packet. You might cause a little confusion if they suddenly have two packets to deal with.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Longhorn80

Post by Longhorn80 »

It updated the very next day after I emailed them and asked if they had received my stuff. Thanks. At least now I know they have my stuff and I can wait patiently.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”